All reviewsvancouver islandquiet propertylocal artistscommunity gardenlarge communitywedding weekendlarge bathroomwonderful spotenjoyed our staygracious hostsoysterseach morningmain floorstayed for nightsdelicious breakfastother guestsbed and breakfast
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Upon our return to Europe, when thinking back on our wonderful vacation in Vancouver Island, the Kiwi Cove Lodge is the lodge we keep thinking of. After a long drive we were fortunate enough to see the sign for the lodge, and exited the highway. The lodge was easy to find, check-in was quick and easy. Once we had settled in the room we went for a walk on the property to stretch our legs. The lodge is located on a 10 acre plot of land right on the water, with a view of the beautiful snow covered mountains in the background. We saw hares, a great variarety of birds on land and bald eagles playing in the air. The serenity and this scenic part of Ladysmith completely caught us by surprise. In the evening we relaxed in the outdoor jacuzzi.
The room was great, it was large, nicely decorated, very clean and had a great view of the kiwis and the mountains in the background (no tv in the room).
Peggy served the best breakfast, which primarily consisted of homade things.
We had only planned to stay one night, but it was so nice that we extended our to two nights. I can sincerely recommend this lodge, and we will definitely return to the Kiwi Cove Lodge when we go back to Vancouver Island.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joergen L
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Our family booked 9 rooms with Kiwi Cove and were extremely happy the reception we received and our superb rooms. What a wonderful spot at the end of Ladysmith Harbour. Great views and balconies. They even setup a private dining room for our Mother's Day brunch and Birthday celebrations. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms at the back of the building for the best views and balconies. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The Kiwi Cove Lodge is located in a rural area close enough to Nanaimo to be convenient to get to but far enough away to leave the city behind. The rooms are comfortable and very clean, and ours had a private balcony with room to visit with the rest of our family staying elsewhere in the hotel. The breakfast was delicious and enjoyed by all. The grounds are quite lovely and our child was delighted by the rabbits and birds in the area. Recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The room that I have is generously proportioned, has a private balcony, georgous view of a nearby inlet with mountains in the distance. It is comfortably appointed and furnished with books and magazines about birds, an unexpected plus for me.
The whole lodge is delightfully placed on the land, and comfortable with beautiful hardwood floors throughout. I am here for a four day conference with 22 other participants and as well as it works for this, I look forward to coming back with my wife for a vacation in the Pacific Northwest. The kitchen staff and chef have put together a great menu for this group that is delicious vegitarian cuisine.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I found myself feeling very ill and in danger of falling asleep at the wheel of my car when I noticed the sign saying 'Kiwi Cove' Lodging. I arrived in terrible shape but Peggy was gracious and welcoming. I was pleased to find superb quality and cleanliness mixed with a cozy country comfort, with beauty inside and out! Soaking in the outdoor hot tub and looking over the Kiwi vines to the mountains allowed me to relax totally and begin my recovery.

I noticed the trails through the ten acres, as I soaked again in the morning after a sound sleep in the quiet atmosphere. Usually I find food away from home difficult to eat but Peggy produced an exquisite fruit and yogurt dish with fresh kiwi and orange on the side which satisfied me completely...even the herb tea was special. I enjoyed being immersed in a few of the excellent books available- one on seaweeds that was new to me --the best I've seen-- and others about the local flora and fauna, as well as lots of first-hand information on how to succeed with Kiwi-growing. I made good use of the handy phone in the lobby, free for local calls and easy to use with a phone card for long distance.
In 12 hours, I went from acutely ill to blissful!
Highly recommended!