“Loved the location, great value. Great addition with the hot tab”
Review of Kiwi Cove Lodge

Kiwi Cove Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ladysmith
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We loved the place and the view from the room. Had great hot tub at the end of each day.so quiet u can think:). I truly enjoyed the room and the hospitality. Really recommend .Just missed shampoo and conditioner in the room

• Stayed: September 2010

Reviewed 29 July 2010

I was reccommended to stay at Kiwi Cove by my daughter and was very delighted to experience the warm hospitaliy of Peggy and Doug as we arrived. The setting with Kiwi Grove and beautiful gardens is so peaceful that it takes you to a special place to enjoy nature, wildlife, ocean walks and good food. Our room was bright, spacious, very clean, nicely decorated and homey. Peggy was so helpful with our requests and beautiful homemade breakfasts. When I learned that the vegetable garden was a community effort and benefited the local food bank it demonstrated the generosity of the Inn Keepers. Thank you Peggy and Doug I hope to be able to visit you again soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We traveled to Vancouver Island to attend our son's wedding. We booked rooms at the Kiwi Cove for ourselves and several family members and friends, since the wedding location was nearby.
It was our first time staying at Kiwi Cove but I hope it will not be our last. Our hosts, Peggy and Doug, were most welcoming and the Lodge itself was very comfortable and relaxing. Delicious breakfasts were included, served in an informal dining room overlooking the kiwi grove.
For part of our visit, we stayed in a three-bedroom cottage adjacent to the Lodge. It too was very clean and comfortable, and was a great base for get-togethers with the rest of our group.
The Lodge is not in the town of Ladysmith itself, so a car (or taxi) is necessary to get into town or into Nanaimo, the nearest city. Fortunately, the Lodge is close to the highway and is an easy drive to and from such Island locations.
Overall, our experience was most positive and I would highly recommend the Lodge.
Ian

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2010

25 Rotarians on a cycling trip to Ladysmith - we made Kiwi Lodge our home base. What a wonderful retreat. Peggy and her team made us feel right at home. Thanks for the hospitality and the great meals. We all had a great weekend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I have no hesitation in recommending Kiwi Cove lodge as great place to stay. The rooms are spacious and clean with great views of a kiwi grove in the foreground and mountains in the distance. I have been there on two occasions. Both times we were warmly welcomed by the owners Peggy and Doug. Breakfast in the morning was excellent, some items, including their kiwi jam, made from right from their own garden patch. The owners are longtime residents of the area, and were very helpful as to local attractions. They helped us arrange a sea kayaking trip with a local provider our first trip there. I am already a repeat customer, and will stay again when I’m in the area.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I had my second visit with Kiwi Cove and I have to say I enjoyed it just as much the second time. The lodge is lovely, homey, relaxing. Rooms are spotless, food is just like Mom makes it and you won't find friendlier people than Peggy and staff. Treat yourself and stop by.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Myself, my husband and my young daughter had a wonderful experience at the Kiwi Cove Lodge last month. This was our first "get-away" with our two year old daughter and were aprehensive about how she would settle in to a strange place with strange people, She was great. She loved the spacious room, the great dining hall, the lounge with available toys for kids... toys that Peggy and Dougs' (the owner/operators) own children had once played with! And WE loved the hot tub that looked over the kiwi orchard and out to the mountains, the lovingly maintained paths that skirted the kiwis, along the windswept beach, out to the lagoon, and through the small Island that once housed the original homestead. Our daughter was facinated with all the different types of mushrooms, birds, trees, pants, and moss she encountered. Not to mention the bunny rabbits, how exciting! To wrap up, we had a wonderful relaxing trip and look forward to returning again and again. Oh, and I almost forgot! The breakfasts... I would go back just for that homemade bread and yoghurt! Thank you Peggy and Doug!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ladysmith
16.8 km away
Castle Cove Inn
#7 of 10 in Chemainus
6.5 km away
Hawley Place Bed and Breakfast

Been to Kiwi Cove Lodge? Share your experiences!