All reviewsvancouver islandlocal artistsquiet propertycommunity gardenlarge communitywedding weekendlarge bathroomwonderful spotenjoyed our staygracious hostsoysterseach morningmain floorstayed for nightsdelicious breakfastother guestsbed and breakfast
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We loved the place and the view from the room. Had great hot tub at the end of each day.so quiet u can think:). I truly enjoyed the room and the hospitality. Really recommend .Just missed shampoo and conditioner in the room

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I was reccommended to stay at Kiwi Cove by my daughter and was very delighted to experience the warm hospitaliy of Peggy and Doug as we arrived. The setting with Kiwi Grove and beautiful gardens is so peaceful that it takes you to a special place to enjoy nature, wildlife, ocean walks and good food. Our room was bright, spacious, very clean, nicely decorated and homey. Peggy was so helpful with our requests and beautiful homemade breakfasts. When I learned that the vegetable garden was a community effort and benefited the local food bank it demonstrated the generosity of the Inn Keepers. Thank you Peggy and Doug I hope to be able to visit you again soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We traveled to Vancouver Island to attend our son's wedding. We booked rooms at the Kiwi Cove for ourselves and several family members and friends, since the wedding location was nearby.
It was our first time staying at Kiwi Cove but I hope it will not be our last. Our hosts, Peggy and Doug, were most welcoming and the Lodge itself was very comfortable and relaxing. Delicious breakfasts were included, served in an informal dining room overlooking the kiwi grove.
For part of our visit, we stayed in a three-bedroom cottage adjacent to the Lodge. It too was very clean and comfortable, and was a great base for get-togethers with the rest of our group.
The Lodge is not in the town of Ladysmith itself, so a car (or taxi) is necessary to get into town or into Nanaimo, the nearest city. Fortunately, the Lodge is close to the highway and is an easy drive to and from such Island locations.
Overall, our experience was most positive and I would highly recommend the Lodge.
Ian

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

25 Rotarians on a cycling trip to Ladysmith - we made Kiwi Lodge our home base. What a wonderful retreat. Peggy and her team made us feel right at home. Thanks for the hospitality and the great meals. We all had a great weekend.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I have no hesitation in recommending Kiwi Cove lodge as great place to stay. The rooms are spacious and clean with great views of a kiwi grove in the foreground and mountains in the distance. I have been there on two occasions. Both times we were warmly welcomed by the owners Peggy and Doug. Breakfast in the morning was excellent, some items, including their kiwi jam, made from right from their own garden patch. The owners are longtime residents of the area, and were very helpful as to local attractions. They helped us arrange a sea kayaking trip with a local provider our first trip there. I am already a repeat customer, and will stay again when I’m in the area.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo