All reviewsthree meals a dayhot tubcrow gatesalt water poolbuffet stylefood sensitivitieswaterfront viewtotal relaxationping pong tableevening teaglass of wineinclusiveacrestennisbcsaunaocean
Reviewed April 5, 2017

I have known about this adult only resort for a very long time. I finally got to experience it first hand. We stayed in the lodge and soon after check in we laid out on two empty sofas in the downstairs recreation room in front of the fire for a power nap. Ahhhh. The meals were served at tables of ten, so we enjoyed meeting new people, engaged in stimulating conversations and learned about the area and each other. One of our dinner companions was our guide the next day for a walk on some of the trails. From the dining room or the lounge upstairs or downstairs, water and nature views. The price of the lodging included three meals a day and two tea times. Having been a former restaurant owner and caterer, I was very impressed with the tasty health nutritious food selections and how they cater to special requirements and food sensitivities as needed. We were there in December and still used the hot tub every day. Some of our table mates kayaked everyday. Lots of games to play, books to read, or simply relax and do crafts or stare out at the mesmerizing beauty of nature. Chemainus - city of wall murals only 25 mins away. Ladysmith Festival of Lights just 15 mins away. We really enjoyed our Sunday to Thursday stay and have already reserved to go back in June and next December. All inclusive right here in BC - I am so pleased to be supporting the BC tourism and economy by holidaying in Beautiful B.C.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorill2014
Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

Rustic! Charming! Quiet! So friendly!
Yellow Point is my new favourite place to getaway. No WIFI!
Great food! The staff is amazing!
I love the exclusivity of this location. Go once and you will be hooked.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2017

We stayed a Yellowpoint lodge last year and it is a relaxing all inclusive water front spot. Located overlooking the ocean the main lodge for dining and hanging out is big . rustic and beautiful. Lots of comfy couches to sit and read a book beside the huge fireplace in the winter time or a sunny deck and rock area overlooking the ocean in the summer. There is an outdoor pool by the ocean and a hot tuv and sauna across the grassy area. Th cabins are comfortable , some with wood stoves or there are rooms in the lodge. the meals are included and are very good and plentiful. lots of variety to choose from. Kayaks and bicycles and available to borrow as well. And the "bar" charges 3 $ for a glass of wine. No computer access and cell phones are restricted to one area only so leave your devices at home and relax. Also its for age 16 and up .

Room Tip: some cabins are rustic and right on the beach if you like the sound of waves or some are larger for multiple couples or groups.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

Booked into YPL for may wife's birthday. Some friends have been comming here for years so we thought we would give it a try. We were very lucky as reservations are almost impossible to get. The setting with it's 270 degree waterfront view is spectacular. In this day of high speed communications its interesting to see a hand written reservation system and a credit card recipt delivered by mail only. They do not use email. Cell phones and laptops are not allowed in the main salon but you can get wifi in the games room down in the basement. Food is one menu for all and they do cater to people with food sensitivities. The meals are basic but very delicious. You sit at tables for eight so you are able to mix with other guests. The area around yellow point has a varied mixture of artists and artisans to keep your interest. This is agreat place and worth returning to.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2017

We first went to YPL in December 1992 when I visited my then Canadian girlfriend. I was blown away by the mix of rustic comfort, amazing home style food, fantastic staff, charismatic owner, wide open property set in a coastal gem, awesome cabins (of all sizes), peace and quiet, Saturday night live lodge band and dancing, etc, etc. And to top it all, it was and still is amazing value. We got married in 1995 and I emigrated to Vancouver. YPL was the first choice for our anniversary that year and it became the only choice from that year onwards. We have also slipped an extra couple of trips in over the years. For the active they have complimentary bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, amazing trails to walk or run, and a gym. To help recover they add hot tub, sauna and massages. Summer sees the opening of the amazing salt water outdoor pool, set right into the natural rock on the property. For me, my favourite activity is drinking a bottle of McEwens Export by the roaring fire in the main lodge (did I mention they probably have the cheapest prices by a long way on beer, liquor and wine that I've ever seen in a hotel/lodge).
I have stayed in many hotels, lodges, bed and breakfasts etc over the years, in many places around the world, but nothing matches this place for that sheer "got to go again" feeling, and all that at a price that not break the bank.
You will never be hungry, and you will feel instantly relaxed !

Room Tip: White Beach Cabins and Cliff Cabins have amazing view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple