“You know you're on holiday when...”
Review of Old Town Bakery

Old Town Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Ladysmith
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

You know you're on holiday when - you eat cake for breakfast! Could not resist a cranberry muffin. Could not resist a cranberry scone. Thankfully not on the same morning. If you like baked goods, this place is a must.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I've never seen so many amazing flavours variations of a cinnamon bun/roll. I gain about 10lbs just by driving by...ok, I'm not driving by, I'm stopping...for a while...sigh! Thank goodness I live in Nanaimo or I would set up residence here.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Best sweet buns in the province. I don'l call them just cinnamon buns because they are so much more. There are all sorts of flavours. ALL good. Not the place to go if you are on a diet but having said that they have a really great salad for only $3.50 that comes with homemade dressing. Very fresh! Bread to die for and the best meat lasagna to either eat there or take home.
Very successful bakery because the food is good.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Lets just say... if you haven't been, you should go. My first visit to Ladysmith, and I was told I MUST go to this bakery. Reluctantly I went...... who am I kidding, I went willingly and I am so glad I did. Such an array of baked goods, and all super sized!!!! My favorite the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese icing on a peanut butter cinnamon bun. Glad I don't live there..... I would run out of clothes that fit on a regular basis!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

If you're a fan of cinnamon buns I suggest you make a stop at the Old Town Bakery in Ladysmith. May I just say--peanut butter cream cheese icing. And it's yours just an easy 25 minute drive from Nanaimo. Not your thing? Try the orange poppyseed, the berry, the sliced almond or, if you've run out of your insulin shots, the plain cinnie-bun. You'll be glad you did. If sweets aren't your cup of tea, try the scones, any flavour at all. If you want to make these treats a part of your Saturday breakfast menu you'll have to get there pretty early as the line-up starts before 8:00. Or why not elevate your Wednesday breakfast instead? Any day of the week, this bakery puts an already quaint and lovely little town on the list of must-try eateries.