“Lovely Lunch”
Review of Wild Poppy Bistro

Wild Poppy Bistro
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Ladysmith
Reviewed October 23, 2015

The Wild Poppy Bistro is a small spot in downtown Ladysmith. It is clean, nicely decorated with artwork of poppies, and the staff is friendly and helpful.
We ordered the Salmon Fish Burger and the Mushroom Monte Cristo sandwich with the house side salads. There is a choice of dressing: creamy dill or poppy vinaigrette. We each tried a different dressing. Everything was very tasty and fresh. We did not have enough room for dessert, but the cheesecakes looks so tempting we took two pieces home to enjoy later. We tried the lemon and the cappuccino with chocolate chunks. The flavour and texture of both cheesecakes was delightful. A lovely lunch.

Reviewed October 8, 2015

Just off the highway is this delight of a restaurant. I am neither gluten nor peanut intolerant, but I quite enjoyed the roasted beet and hazelnut salad I ordered. The baked goods looked exquisite, and I only wish I had more of an appetite to try one of the many offerings. Definitely worth a stop for lunch if you are in the area.

Reviewed October 6, 2015

Great fresh food, lovely CLEAN little restaurant with great service. We just finished a hike in Ladysmith and were looking for a bite to eat. Went in and shared the quinoa salad and the turkey club. Both of them were really fresh and the portions were very generous!! The extra touches like the apple chutney on the turkey club made it so much better than your average turkey club!! Go in here! Worth every penny! Also I have to mention we order tea a lot in restaurants and it isn't very often you get it piping hot with a warm cup! Great service and great quality of food! I will definitely be back!!

1  Thank CoffeeandCheeseLover
Reviewed September 15, 2015 via mobile

This place has great gluten free food for those who need it. The service is good, as well. The only complaint that I have is that the room is a little on the smaller side, so it can get crowded when it's busy.

Reviewed September 4, 2015

We had a great lunch here, we were starving on our way back to Victoria from Tofino, I just pulled off the main road and we saw the Poppy Seed Bistro and stopped, Salads were very fresh, Home made Salmon cakes were excellent, Turkey meatballs were tasty We would stop here again in a heart beat, By the way, the also know ho to make hot tea! Service was great!

1  Thank TuesdayTraveler