“Gluten Free Comfort”
Review of Wild Poppy Bistro

Wild Poppy Bistro
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Ladysmith
Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

The visit was wonderful. It is very comforting to know you are completely safe while enjoying a great lunch. My wife and I were equally amazed at the freshness and quality of the products. This place is a must on anyone's schedule.

1  Thank Dennis A

Reviewed April 7, 2016

We went for lunch, and they were very busy but they cleared us a table right away. The waitress was friendly but she had too much to do. Waiting tables, taking care of the lineup at the bakery counter, and she was also cashier.
When we finally got our food it was soooo good. Salmon tacos with salad. Ever had one of those salads that have everything? Sprouts, shredded beets, cabbage, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other yummy stuff. The tacos had even more delicious surprises in them. I loved every bite.
After finishing our meal we wanted tea and dessert but we couldn't get the waitress's attention. Same problem when we wanted the bill. She was cheerful and polite, but too busy. They would be better off with a second person helping out during the lunch rush.

2  Thank AbsolutelyStarving
Reviewed March 15, 2016

Excellent food and friendly staff. Accommodates both eat in and take out. Loved the variety with the gluten free bakery. Prices very reasonable. Small setting and very functional. A hidden treasure for such a small town.

1  Thank Sadielady947
Reviewed March 10, 2016

A quaint little treasure of a bistro! Food was fabulous with generous portions.Staff is friendly and service was fast. Baked goods at the front were going fast, so if you want to purchase for home better be there early. I wish this existed in my town. If your are gluten free do not miss a date with the Wild Poppy Bistro.

1  Thank TeresaEdmonton
Reviewed March 6, 2016

I was here the other day while my partner ate across the street. The baked goods all looked delicious and I ate in house a banana cream tart which was very nice. I also took home an assortment of goodies and enjoyed them all.
For lunch I had their version of heuvos rancheros and it was just ok...nothing special. The eggs were done perfectly for me but found the dish was not hot enough because the salsa they used was stone cold. Every other bite was unpleasantly cool.The guacamole didn't have a fresh vibe about it.
The staff were friendly and talkative but service became slow once customers came in who were obviously friends of theirs and they spent a long time chatting with them. Had the place been busy and me in a hurry it would have been irritating.
Prices are very fair for gluten free.
I will be back to try a sandwich...their grilled cheese with pulled pork sounded quite yummy...so next time I am through Ladysmith will be stopping here for one.