“Dinner”
Review of Kaede

Kaede
Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Ladysmith
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Service was prompt and friendly. The restaurant and restrooms were both very clean. The food was very good. We had salmon and tuna sashimi, tempura prawns, gyozas and miso soup. My friend had the beef teriyaki which he said was very tasty. He also had the deep fried banana for dessert, which he liked very much. Our total bill with a good tip (as I mentioned, the service was very good) was $70.00. No alcoholic beverages, just water. The only complaint I have is that the sashimi portions were too small. I understand that fish is expensive but there is another place down the street from this place and their sashimi portions are twice as large for the same price. All in all, I'd go there again if I didn't want any sashimi, because the sushi rolls were nice as well.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Just had the Monday special - a dancing dynamite roll and a monkey brain. OMG - it was so good. Hubby had an asparagus roll and teriyaki chicken. He was also happy with his food. I have been to this restaurant several times now and it has always been very good.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We tried the specials that were featured for the day, and we were pleasantly surprised. Rolls were quite tasty as was the miso soup.
Worth repeating.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

The food was ok but the service was not great. I expected a more authentic meal. We waited for a while to be served and then waited again for the food to come. This could be a good place if the service was better.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Wanted to substitute a roll included with a lunch special. Was told it can't be done, despite an allergy with the chosen roll. I was willing to pay more for this request.... Will not come back. There is another sushi place nearby and will visit it instead next time.

1  Thank RKeeling