“Don't waste your time! ”
Review of Taboo Resort Restaurant - CLOSED

Taboo Resort Restaurant
Price range: US$23 - US$57
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International, Canadian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Read my review of Taboo (Sept. 2017) Resort!
The Boat House restaurant offers great views in their spacious deck but be warned the service is painfully slow and inexperienced.
We waited an inexcusable amount of time for coffee, our breakfast and 30 mins for toast!?! When I advised the manager of the wait I was told sorry yet the bill still had a charge of $9.00 for the non-existent toast. That simply tells me they don't care or acknowledge a clients concerns.
I'm saddened by this given that the resort has great views and the golf course is excellent in service and playing conditions.
This was my second visit this year and regrettably I will not return to stay there, I'll give other resorts a chance!

1  Thank TorontoJourneyman

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

We were staying on site and had hoped this would be our go to restaurant during our vacation. We tried breakfast, lunch and dinner and the entire family agreed it was terrible. So terrible we will not come and stay here again. Seriously. It is the only place to eat on site and we were staying in the hotel with no kitchen. It made the stay impossible.
The ingredients were not fresh and it's summer.
And nothing was 'home made' or even home style. The nachos out of a bag, salsa out of a jar, granola may have been from the bulk food store and was covered in sugar (yet served with honey as a sweetener? Had the manager never tried it to double double the sweet?). The strawberries in the granola and yogurt still had there leaves on. Really for $12 3 halved strawberries and I had to cut off the leaves. Where was the fresh fruit? There are raspberries on the bushes all over the resort....but none on the plate. When we had oysters at dinner they were not fresh. And I worried we'd get sick.
The kids tried the macaroni and cheese and wouldn't eat it. Shirley temples were sour and wouldn't drink it. Pasta with butter and cheese....even that they wouldn't eat. And I couldn't blame them as it was obvious nothing was fresh.
Unfortunately the boathouse needs a shake up in the kitchen. Fresh basic ingredients would be a good place to start.

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

So, we stayed at Taboo for 2 nights for our anniversary. The food at the restaurant was delicious. The service was not so good. I'm not generally a complainer, I'm the person who tips regardless of service just because I feel obligated to do so. However, I have to say I can't give a pass to the service we received during our stay here. We witnessed staff swearing and complaining about co-workers and feeling overwhelmed. This is not a very relaxing environment especially given the cost of staying at this resort! It is very unfortunate because the food is actually very good!!!!

1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed July 19, 2017

A great boat ride destination for lunch on the beautiful patio overlooking Lake Muskoka. Lunch menu was excellent.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Attended the Boat House restaurant at Taboo Resort on two occasions in June 2017. The first was for dinner with four couples for a birthday. The food was good but nothing spectacular. The service was average at best. We waited a long time for our meals (over 90 minutes) which we were advised in advance we would have to wait because we arrived shortly after a large group. We requested some bread as we had waited so long and eventually were served sandwich bread. We were all drinking wine and ordered quite a few bottles of wine. One would expect that the wine should be served and not the bottles simply put in he middle of the table. If you are going to charge prices that are indicative of finer dining I expect the quality and service too.

Our second time was for breakfast we ordered the bacon-wrapped asparagus with poached eggs. It was good but not worth the price. We had far better quality and price when we went to town for breakfast at a restaurant on the main strip.