Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland
Carriage House Inn(Grand Falls Windsor)
US$104
Mount Peyton Hotel(Grand Falls Windsor)
US$108
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubthe riverthe ownersnowmobile tripvacation homegroomed trailssnow conditionstucked awaydown to earthtotal relaxationour tour guidecentral newfoundlandpauladventurejoyrapidsbbq
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

The chalets are gorgeous and everything is very well taken care of. The river views are incredible. Sure beats the hell out of a hotel. A fire by the river on a Wednesday night is a great way to relax. I will definitely be staying there again

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Don S
Paulwrose R, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2016

Thanks so much Don. Your kind words are very encouraging! It was nice meeting you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

The cottages were lovely, and roomy A-frames, but they didn't sleep as many as expected. 2 double beds and a mattress for the floor. there were 2 sofas as well, but they didn't pull out. So in a pinch, it could manage 8 maybe, though it was short on bedding for more than 6. That said, they were lovely. Full kitchens. Nice jacuzzi tub too. Only one bathroom tho, but it was HUGE.

The grounds are really nice. Firepit, horseshoes, hot tubs, beautiful view of the river.

The rafting was fun, we did the "low impact" version because we had younger kids with us. In retrospect we should've done the more whitewater trip.

Beware the internet tho, as they have limited bandwidth, and if I recall, they charge for excessive use.

Finally: food. You're a way out of Grand Falls-Windsor, so bring groceries if you're staying more than one night.

Room Tip: The cottages are all essentially the same, with the same views, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Paulwrose R, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Hi how are you? Thanks for all the nice compliments! I am glad you had a nice time here and on the river. I am curious though as to how many people were at your chalet? We advertise the chalets are comfortable for four (and our prices are based on four) but 6 is possible if people don't mind using the mattress in the closet. Were you expecting the chalets to be larger? I am assuming you were in number 4 chalet because all the pull-outs in the others were replaced this season. Incidentally we just replaced the couch and loveseat in number 4 this morning so all new furniture here now....and no pull-outs. We supply bedding for 3 beds if required but in the few special cases that we allowed more than 6 in a chalet, like a kids birthday party, extra people supplied their own bedding and sleeping pad. 4 is a great rating and I am proud to get it but curious why the service was rated 3 as you didn't mention anything about service in your review? You can call me if you like on my personal cell 290-9978.
Thanks so much!
Joy

Reviewed August 25, 2016

Absolutely loved this, wish we could have stayed longer. The rafting, the river jumping into the rapids (and swimming), the hot tub, the BBQ and the fire pits in the evening all made this an unforgettable few days. I will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Paulwrose R, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Thanks so much. It sounds you took it all in and really enjoyed yourself! Looking forward to your return. See you then!

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Great day on the Exploits River! Ton of fun for the whole family. Guilds are awesome,informative and just plain chill! I would certainly recommend for everyone! Great value for your dollar. Can accommodate large groups.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2016

We spent a night here on our journey between St John's and Rocky Harbour and it was sensational. We arrived early as my husband and daughters were rafting and we was met by a really friendly team who answered any questions that we had and kitted the family out with their wetsuits ($15 each) but worth it if you feel the cold. The rafting was wonderful and my husband and daughters came back after a fantastic 5 hours jumping off rocks and tackling the rapids. As I didn't go rafting I waited to check in and although I wasn't due to check in until 3pm the team made sure that I was able to check in much earlier, this gave me the afternoon to sit and relax. We stayed in chalet number 1 and it was beautiful, the chalets are really high spec and equipped with spa baths which are totally relaxing. The chalet has two bedrooms one at the top and one downstairs, the beds were so comfortable and everything was so clean and tastefully done. The views from the chalets are amazing of the river and there is also a hot tub. I would totally recommend this accomodation and we would definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Paulwrose R, Owner at Riverfront Chalets & Rafting Newfoundland, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Awesome review and great to read such wonderful comments! Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon. I love the views here too. The Exploits is a beautifil river!