“Spa Bromont Review”

Hotel Chateau-Bromont
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bromont
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I am not writing to review the Hotel Chateau, but the Spa Bromont, which is attached. I have visited this spa several times over the years and am knocked out by the services I've received. The Spa personnel pay close attention to every detail of the procedures they are performing. The atmosphere is quiet, calming, somewhat spare and tasteful. The Spa provides services in a manner that are somewhat unorthodox by American standards - no noisy vibrating chairs in large rooms for a pedicure, for example. The procedure is simple, private, relaxing and utterly professional. Ditto for facials and manicures.

I indulge in these services at home and will say that there is no comparison. The prices are reasonable. The Spa store has a nice, but not overwhelming selection of products at good prices.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy0522

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Went to this hotel in july 2010 (NOT 2011) so things might have changed.

I was in for a 3 day convention but I saw the rates so I can comment on that.

1) The staff is nice and courteous
2) The amenities are great (pools, spa, etc.)
3) Their terrasse is great, with a good view (not great, but better than other hotels!)
4) Breakfast is buffet-style and very tasty!
5) Hotel is in a quiet location but this is irrelevant as there are so many rooms that it's easy to have noisy neighbors.

I would go back, but I'd hesitate for the price...

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Aeromotive
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Nice place to stay for a romantic week end ....rooms are very nice and clean.That room has the best bed i have ever slept in ...you can even buy the whole kit for your home.

2  Thank melissa r
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This place is really nice for a weekend get away!! It is all about the hot tubs and the view on the terrace upstairs!! Although, it is pricey and I must say I'de be there more often if it wasnt! The few times I was there it was not busy at all, dont know why they wouldnt try lower their rates to get more buisness??

Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was my second stay here. We stayed the first time in the quiet spa section of the hotel, reserved for adults and it was much nicer. This time it was a summer family visit (for Granby Zoo) and it seems a little more rundown. The carpets everywhere were not new and had a bit of an odor. The elevators are slow and old. There are stains on the walls in public places (juice etc that could and should be wiped clean). Otherwise the room itself was quite comfy and spacious. They provided housecoats and towels for the pool, of which there are two (one outside, one inside, both clean). We did like the Keurig coffee machine in the room, but had to ask for more tea/coffee. The room had a minibar. There are grocery stores nearby which have prepared foods and lots of restaurants, so you don't have to bother with the limited room service. We did order breakfast and it was good. If you're just in the neighbourhood for the waterpark, zoo or to ski, it does the trick. It's convenient but not fancy. Also, the front desk people never smile - check in and out was to the point and nothing more.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel as a last minute getaway weekend as a couple. I booked it over the phone and spoke to a woman in reservations who suggested that the perfect room for us would be a "privilege Spa" room with a King sized bed, balcony and European style shower". The rate was not cheap - almost $300 including breakfast, so we were expecting a VERY nice room.

We arrived later on in the evening around 9pm and were given the key to our room. We were given a Jr. Suite room with a Queen sized bed, a breakfast order card that had already been filled out by the previous occupant (!), and an old, outdated "Super 8"-style bathroom. I called the front desk and was treated VERY rudely and told that indeed I must have made a mistake with MY reservations. I didn't have any back-up because (conveniently) the e-mail confirmation I received did not contain any room specifications (!)

My husband and I travel internationally and have NEVER been treated in this manner before. I would have given them the benefit of the doubt if an apology and some sort of refund/discount had been offered. This was not the case. I have since been in touch with the director of reservations (who took my reservation initially) and she was unwilling to admit that a mistake had been made, or offer me anything other than another week-end upgrade. HA - an upgrade - you mean like the one I just DIDN'T GET??? C'mon!!

So, what was meant to be an enjoyable evening with my husband was spoiled by VERY bad customer service.

Someone needs to explain to this establishment one golden rule of the hospitality business: "The Customer is ALWAYS Right!"

Room Tip: **If you choose to stay here, get your room specifications in writing, but your best bet is to STAY...
4  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 5 September 2011

In a nutshell, I was expecting 4-star and didn't get it. Had I not been paying over $200 a night I would have been far less disappointed.

Service: I was quite happy with the service and feel that it is the only "4-star" quality the hotel has maintained.

Value: Not worth the high prices. Firstly, the building looks its age inside and out - don't be fooled by the modern decor of the lobby. In other words, the lobby is beautifully decorated and designed, thus you would expect this trend to carry throughout the rest of the hotel, correct? It is "4-star" after all. However, once you go into the elevator and up to your floor the ambiance takes a downward spiral to drab and depressing. The hallways consisted of old and musty carpets, paint peeling off the walls, webs in the grates covering the ancient light fixtures...the list goes on. Secondly, I was not impressed with the food on the "Terrace". The menu was very basic and the food sub-par. I ordered their chicken club sandwich and my chicken was so dry and tough I could hardly swallow it.

Sleep Quality: I found both the bed and pillows very comfortable, however I still couldn't sleep because the walls were so thin that I could hear every footstep and conversation in the adjacent rooms and hallways.

Cleanliness: My room was very clean.

Spa: I see one price on the spa website and get charged $20 more when I check-out. Apparently all of the prices went up that very same morning - coincidence? Had I been aware of this price increase before I had my treatment I would not have gone, especially since the treatment I received was not even worth the original price.

Fitness Center: Nothing special, but did the job. It would be nicer if each cardio machine had its own TV instead of having one large TV for the entire room. It can be troublesome if there are both English and French speaking individuals in the room at the same time since not all channels cater to both languages.

To add, I appreciated that the complementary soaps, shampoos etc. were organic.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromont
3.5 km away
Hotel Bromont
#6 of 7 in Bromont
15.2 km away
Hotel Castel & Spa Confort

Been to Hotel Chateau-Bromont? Share your experiences!