“Red Pine restaurant - worst service ever !!!!!”

Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alliston
Everett, Washington
“Red Pine restaurant - worst service ever !!!!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My family and I have been going to the Red Pine Restaurant and staying at the Inn for the last 20 years. Last Sunday (July 17th 2011) my wife and I went to the restaurant for some breakfast. I ordered sausages and eggs, my wife seen some cereal on a table in another room. She asked the waitress for some corn flakes, who in turn asked the manager, she was told she couldn't have the cereal because it was part of the Complimentary Continental Breakfast which was for the hotel guests only. I can't for the life of me see how one bowl of cereal could upset their precious system so easily. I think the Pine is in need of a new manager, one that can see past the rules and take care of the clients.
I think if the Inn was still run by the original owners instead of a corporation this would never have happened.
There are plenty of other restaurants in Alliston and from now on my family and I will be enjoying our meal at one where the management can think outside the box and cares more for their clients than rules.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank 58466Jackson
RPI2011, General Manager at Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your bad experience in our restaurant on July 17.
We have emailed you a personal message through Tripadvisor last week, hoping that we could speak with you on the phone to rectify this issue.
We look forward to hearing from you as soon possible and would like to welcome you back to our restaurant.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed at the Red Pine Inn in Alliston to attend a local function. We didn't want to spend too much money but also wanted the conveniences of the surrounding business amenities so we decided that Red Pine Inn would be our best bet as it's located directly within Alliston.

The facilities and room were extremely clean. The reception and the restaurant were very tidy and the customer service was pleasant and quick. There is a pool and a play area for children and I found the stay very peaceful for the short duration of time we were there. Our room was air-conditioned and came with mini fridge, coffee maker and other toiletries and comfort nick-nacks.

When booking, the Inn only had one room left, which was a smoking room. Now, being that I had quit smoking over two years ago, I didn't think that it would bother me too much. But upon arrival, we realized that the odour was extremely pungent. I would definitely not stay in a smoking room again, the smell is unbelievable. However this was out of necessity.

All in all, the Inn in my view is simply a well-cared-for motel. I found it a tiny bit pricey for what it was but if I needed to visit Alliston again and required lodging I would likely repeat my visit, but NOT in a smoking room.

Room Tip: A very clean and tidy well-maintained motel
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeasideSteph
Toronto
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This hotel complex offers good value, and is very centrally located to where the event was! The rooms are well appointed, and well pretty maintained...as is the rest of the complex. Parking was a bit of an issue due to the amount of snow...and the amount of trailers we all had...but this is not the norm. I never knew this establishment existed, and will be using it again. (stayed in the hotel block, as opposed to the motel side at the front)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Red Pine to get away from the city and were pleasantly surprised by the service we received from the staff. The staff made it worth staying, they were friendly and knowledgable about the area. It was snowing so we decided to eat at the restaurant - the meal was outstanding, again we were surprised, the staff were professional and friendly. My husband and I have travelled throughout Canada and this is one place that we will remember and hopefully have the opportunity to visit again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Pembroke, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel whiloe vistiting friend for a birtday party. In fact several family and friends stayed here. We were in the newer two story building. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfy. The pillows were a little squishy but all in all a very nice stay. The breakfast was very good and very well priced.
We would definately stay here again. The staff were super.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2010

A lot of truckers, construction workers, and honda employees stay at this motel. It's not the Holiday Inn, so don't expect that. It's an average hotel, that is, I've stayed in better, and I've stayed in worse. Staff is very friendly, breakfast is decent. The internet is INCREDIBLY slow. If you're not fussy, I will recommend this inn to you.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
ottawa
Reviewed 18 August 2010

This was the hotel for the guests of an out of town wedding. The staff were very nice and worked hard to accommodate the wedding guests. The hotel itself has two wings - an older drive up motel portion and a newer two story hotel like portion.

We stayed in the newer wing but the older portion looked well taken care of although the rooms appeared somewhat smaller than those in the hotel portion of the inn.

My only negative comment would be in regards to the the continental beakfast included with the room rate. The selection of foods was more limited than many other hotels and seating within the breakfast area was at a premium.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alliston
25.9 km away
25.8 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road
24.8 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie

Been to Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!