“biggest rip off in alliston”

Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Alliston
Reviewed 3 March 2012

we booked this MOTEL the first week of march to play in a hockey tourney and we charged $149 a night to stay at this hole. The rooms smelled of old cigar smoke, there were no where for the kids to play other than the pool. This is a $49 a night place not $149 we did not eat at the restaurant so i can not comment on that. The place was clean the bathroom doors did not close in many of the rooms the heater fans were loud and the 1965 colman stove they call a kitchenette was not used. We left after one night as did many others and found another place to stay. They were charging $119 a night for non hockey teams but $149 for us. As i type this i still can't get the room smell off me.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris N
RPI2011, General Manager at Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear Mr. Chris N.

On behalf of The Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre, I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the issue of the room rate and your mischaracterization of the room’s housekeeping features.
I left you a voice message on Monday, March 5 to follow up on your review. Unfortunately I have not received a return call from you.
After much investigation within our electronic in-house systems we have found that there are discrepancies between our recorded findings and the information that you have posted on TripAdvisor.
I would like to explain and clarify these discrepancies with you on the telephone, and I am looking forward to your return call.

Yours in hospitality,
Alexandra Braidford

Reviewed 16 February 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here because we were visiting friends close by. We decided on Red Pine Inn because of its proximity to our friends house. The location is right off the highway so we found our way in and out very easily and they have a great sports store across the street (my boyfriend loved it). The rooms were spacious and clean. We would definitely recommend this place and we will most likely be back soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My family and I have been going to the Red Pine Restaurant and staying at the Inn for the last 20 years. Last Sunday (July 17th 2011) my wife and I went to the restaurant for some breakfast. I ordered sausages and eggs, my wife seen some cereal on a table in another room. She asked the waitress for some corn flakes, who in turn asked the manager, she was told she couldn't have the cereal because it was part of the Complimentary Continental Breakfast which was for the hotel guests only. I can't for the life of me see how one bowl of cereal could upset their precious system so easily. I think the Pine is in need of a new manager, one that can see past the rules and take care of the clients.
I think if the Inn was still run by the original owners instead of a corporation this would never have happened.
There are plenty of other restaurants in Alliston and from now on my family and I will be enjoying our meal at one where the management can think outside the box and cares more for their clients than rules.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank 58466Jackson
RPI2011, General Manager at Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your bad experience in our restaurant on July 17.
We have emailed you a personal message through Tripadvisor last week, hoping that we could speak with you on the phone to rectify this issue.
We look forward to hearing from you as soon possible and would like to welcome you back to our restaurant.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed at the Red Pine Inn in Alliston to attend a local function. We didn't want to spend too much money but also wanted the conveniences of the surrounding business amenities so we decided that Red Pine Inn would be our best bet as it's located directly within Alliston.

The facilities and room were extremely clean. The reception and the restaurant were very tidy and the customer service was pleasant and quick. There is a pool and a play area for children and I found the stay very peaceful for the short duration of time we were there. Our room was air-conditioned and came with mini fridge, coffee maker and other toiletries and comfort nick-nacks.

When booking, the Inn only had one room left, which was a smoking room. Now, being that I had quit smoking over two years ago, I didn't think that it would bother me too much. But upon arrival, we realized that the odour was extremely pungent. I would definitely not stay in a smoking room again, the smell is unbelievable. However this was out of necessity.

All in all, the Inn in my view is simply a well-cared-for motel. I found it a tiny bit pricey for what it was but if I needed to visit Alliston again and required lodging I would likely repeat my visit, but NOT in a smoking room.

Room Tip: A very clean and tidy well-maintained motel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeasideSteph
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This hotel complex offers good value, and is very centrally located to where the event was! The rooms are well appointed, and well pretty maintained...as is the rest of the complex. Parking was a bit of an issue due to the amount of snow...and the amount of trailers we all had...but this is not the norm. I never knew this establishment existed, and will be using it again. (stayed in the hotel block, as opposed to the motel side at the front)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Red Pine to get away from the city and were pleasantly surprised by the service we received from the staff. The staff made it worth staying, they were friendly and knowledgable about the area. It was snowing so we decided to eat at the restaurant - the meal was outstanding, again we were surprised, the staff were professional and friendly. My husband and I have travelled throughout Canada and this is one place that we will remember and hopefully have the opportunity to visit again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2010

We stayed at this hotel whiloe vistiting friend for a birtday party. In fact several family and friends stayed here. We were in the newer two story building. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfy. The pillows were a little squishy but all in all a very nice stay. The breakfast was very good and very well priced.
We would definately stay here again. The staff were super.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alliston
25.9 km away
32.5 km away
Best Western Plus Orangeville Inn & Suites
25.8 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites - Barrie/Essa Road

Been to Red Pine Inn & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!