“Will stay again.”

Clean! Well laid out large rooms & comfortable. Decent parking

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Lvinbc

Reviewed 6 November 2010

We spent only a few hours here – half hour unloading, less than an hour in the room, and a half hour loading back up before we left.

After less than an hour in the room, my baby boy and I became quite ill. We didn’t notice the chemical smell at first – we wouldn’t have taken the room if we did. But within a short time we were quite sick. My wife said she noticed the smell, but it didn’t make her sick – but she said the smell was unpleasant (but as she really wanted us to rest, so she was willing to live with it - she is that way).

The lady at the front desk admitted that it was the cleaner used in all of the rooms – as such she even refused to show us other rooms claiming that they would all smell the same, and that they would all make us sick. So we weren't even given a choice.

We had only been there for about 45 minutes at that point. And we were sick - my baby was crying.

I was informed that I could not get a refund – despite the fact that I hadn’t even really used the room, and had been there for less than an hour. I was given the owners number and told to call him directly.

A few days later I called the owner on the phone, and he told me that he was going to send me a refund by cheque in the mail – that is what he made me believe. Later I tried to send him a letter, but there was no response or reply.

Later I was informed that the smell that made me sick was almost certainly caused by the chemicals that are sprayed to kill bed bugs. I wouldn’t know as I never used the bed – and I’m glad I didn’t.

I was only in the room for short time (and never really used the room), and became quite ill just being there – and so did my baby boy. I had no choice but to leave, and I never received an apology or a refund.

If you absolutely have to stay in 100 Mile House, pick any other place to sleep – even if it is just a ditch on the side of the road. The good thing about a ditch on the side of the road is that there are no bad chemical smells, no bed-bugs, and you don’t have to worry about getting ripped off.

I was ripped off by the Super 8 in 100 Mile House, and the owner and staff should all be ashamed of themselves.

avw@shaw.ca

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank GTSH7
super8milehouse, Manager at Super 8 100 Mile House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

I'M very sorry for what happened to you.We are the new managers now and nothing like this would ever happen again.Also we do not have bed bugs and all off are cleaners are evir friendly.Again I'm very sorry you had this experince at my motel.If you would like to dicuss this matter with me please feel free to contact me at the motal my name is Nicole.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

I can sum up our stay with "okay". It is a Super 8 and if you have stayed in one you have stayed in most of them. 100 Mile Super 8 is, however, a little more on the plain side. Our desk clerk was very helpful and polite and was obviously working hard. She was looking after the business while her owner - friends were away. The room was simple with no frills but served our needs for a short stopover in the town as we headed north. Breakfast was toast, cereal, fruit and coffee and a computer available. Motels of this quality are always overpriced so the $90 was within the range showing again that a traveller does not get much for their money in most middle priced accommodations.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank KenJCanada
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Rude clerk, forgot to tell us about the breakfast and refused to give us the senior rates as our son booked the room.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
clean ordinary room

Unfriendly staff can ruin a business, we will not go back.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanlucy
Reviewed 20 March 2010

The price quoted by the reservation web site did not agree with the information the desk clerk had. We did manage to sort it out to my satisfaction.
The room was spotlessly clean but the pillows could stand replacing. Not comfortable. The continental breakfast they advertise is certainly not on par with other motels I have stayed at. No place to sit to eat the meager pickings. I recommend going into town to the Gold dust cafe where a reasonable priced breakfast can be had.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sailorman73
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Taveling thru canada you are always happy to see a place to stay clean good breakfast.places to get close by

Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We stayed overnight at the Super 8 in 100 Mile House as we travelled into the north of BC. We arrived fairly late so we were only looking for a place to sleep. The room was very clean and spacious. The beds were not comfortable and the pillows were flat. The linens didn't fit the bed and in the morning most of the bottom sheet had slipped off and my husband was sleeping on the mattress...yuck! The hotel offers a continental breakfast which was only cereal and toast but there was no place to sit. There was only one table with two chairs. We skipped the breakfast and went to Tim Horton's. For a quick overnight, this hotel is okay, but the others in the area may be nicer.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
12.6 km away
108 Resort
108 Resort
#1 of 2 in 108 Mile Ranch

Been to Super 8 100 Mile House? Share your experiences!