“The best in whitecourt”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt
RedDeer
“The best in whitecourt”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

100% it took me 3 nite's & 2 hotels to find the rite one, Holiday inn was 30 bucks more but worth every penny, Quiet, clean, and the best beds, & pillows 3 types to chose from. The best continetal breakfast i've ever had any where. i'll pay the extra to stay here. we were in town for 6 days, wish i stayed here the first 3..

Room Tip: Higher floors, less chance of truck idling noise
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
EDMONTON
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The Holiday Inn is where I have been staying on my most recent trips to Whitecourt. I travel for work and stay in town about 6 times a year. I have been very happy with my stays here. From the large rooms with King size beds to the cookies at check in, to the great breakfast bar in the mornings, I am very rairly disappointed with my stays. There are resteraunts within walking distance and food stores too if you prefer.

The location is a bt of a challenge to find, if your not familiar with the town, it is easy to miss it. But if your looking to the right as you come down the big hill, it is there. Just turn at the lights and it is easy. The locaton is far enough off the highway to really dampen the road noise. I never have an issue with highway noise in this hotel.

The place is kept clean, surely a challange with the local constructon and oilfield crews in the area. and the breakfast bar in the moring is nice, just stop wrapping the cheese slices so well...darn they can be a challenge to open up. A nice selection of hot items are available along with the typical cold items too. Lots of fruit and other goodies too.

Overall it is cleaner and quieter and has a better breakfast bar then my second choice in town, so I keep returning. I will be back in October too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Staff welcomed us, were helpful in answering our questions about the area. And the room was great! Clean and up-to-date ... asked the clerk if it was new, he said that it was a couple of years old. They have kept it up. Would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Reserved a Jacuzzi Room a month in advance and when I got there (perfectly on time) they had given it away. On top of that, they then charged me the full rate for the Jacuzzi Suite, even though I was forced to stay in a normal suite. Not once was I even offered a discount. The breakfast was also terrible with over cooked powdered eggs. Definitely a hotel to avoid.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nell N
fort st john
Reviewed 14 March 2011

when I arrived at the hotel with my two young children I was worried that I had chosen the wrong hotel. It seemed liked it was bases mostly for business men and very quiet people . . . which my children are not. But as it turned out it was really great, every one was really good about my kids being a bit loud and no body made it seem like we were being an inconvience, which I really appreciate, they were even okay with the kids "swimming" in the hot tub. It was very quiet, comfortable and a nice relaxing night with a great continential breakfast. Everyone was super nice, For dinner I recommend something local, we made the mistake of ordering from the first available chain restraunt we could find and honestly it was really bad

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I've stayed at many Holiday Inn's and I will say that this is in the top 10%. It's about 3 months new I believe. The staff are friendly, the hotel clean and my room was nice. There are not a lot of budget hotels to choose from in Whitecourt, so it's nice to find a good national chain.

The room had a king size bed, large couch, desk, built in closet, large flat screen TV, fridge and coffeemaker and good sized dresser. As the other poster mentioned there are a lot of lights on the building, so the blackout curtains are a must. I don’t know why they have so many floodlights on the building.

Breakfast was the usual HI Express. Eggs, toast, cereal, coffee, and the addictive cinnamon rolls. Yummy. The hotel also had free internet, a must in a town where there's not much to do.

If I ever go back yes I'll stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I stayed 4 nights at this Holiday Inn Express. It opened two weeks prior. Sign on the buidling is not very large; the 4 story building can be seen on the right as you come down the hill on the hiway - just before the Canadian Tire. I've stayed at several new Hol Inn Express hotels; this was a similar experience.

My room had a king bed. Whisper quiet heating system, controlled by wall thermostat. Blackout drapes (needed; there's a lot of lights on the building). Small empty fridge with a freezer; there's a coffeemaker, but no microwave. Furnishings include desk, set of 3 storage drawers, upholstered chair and footrest. Open closet has iron & bed, real wood hangers. Comfortable bathroom with blowdryer, soft towels, and good lighting.

The fitness room (open till 11pm) has a stationery bike, ellipical, treadmill, and muli-station. Flat panel TV, fountain, stuff to clean equipment. Through the door is a whirlpool, open till 10pm. Business centre (aka desk with computer) is right next to that.

The building has free highspeed (code from the front desk) both wireless and cable.

Breakfast buffet is the standard except for one thing. Items are in plastic wrap. That includes the hot items (cinnamon buns, eggs, bacon/sausage). That's gotta change.

There's an IGA food store, Rexall pharmacy, and a few other stores just a few blocks. Definitely, wouldn't stay anywhere else in Whitecourt but this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business