“No return on my damage deposit”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cloud 9 Inn

Cloud 9 Inn
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Whitecourt
Chilliwack
“No return on my damage deposit”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed at the Renford in Whitecourt.
We were told that we were too loud and our damage deposit was not returned. We were told that the rooms around us complained about the noise.
Not one person came to tell us that we were loud. No one banged on the walls or the door to tell us we were loud. And I don't believe that we were loud at all! I remember turning the tv down around midnight because I didn't want to disturb anyone. I hadn't seen my boyfriend in a month and we just hung out and watched tv.
When I asked what happened, they were rude and haven't gotten back to me.
I will be suing this hotel for my damage deposit.
Don't stay here, they will try to rip you off for your damage deposit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharona S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 17 September 2011

This place needs a total Reno!! I will never go back I would sleep in my car instead. it is inexpensive for a reason

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank ovie8

Travellers are raving about these Whitecourt hotels

Kensington, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Avoid this hotel at all costs! We were in a bind and a panic to get to Whitecourt Alberta for our next rotation on a rig site and the company told us to check out this hotel and report back to them...AFTER we had already read the trip advisory reviews on the net! (Which were "Terrible") The website for the hotel and the big sign banner across the hotel building states "new renovated rooms" What a JOKE! It's the same dumpy hell hole except for some paint that didn't get completed. Filthy mattresses, old and mismatched, that include stains and human hair and other small black things (sorry didn't want to get that close). Rusty old shelves inside dated Harvest Gold apartment fridges from the early 70's. Mold on the ceiling in the shower. Kitchen dirty and old and unfinished. Dirty rugs, garbage overflowing outside in open plastic bins, visible dust and lint clusters everywhere. Broken vacuum sitting beside garbage. Broken key locks on the door of the third room we tried to view. The woman at the front desk lied to us and said that the beds were new and clean, however, they are old and dirty. Lots of big pot holes in the parking lot, one part has some new asphalt repair. We saw one fellow with two big dogs in his room. I am shocked that the Hotel and Accommodation Industry in Alberta, along with their guidelines for an operation of a Hotel, hasn't shut this place down! It's a total disgrace!

Room Tip: Hazardous to public health
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Dawn M
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Arrived late and tired on a very cod night...... Freezing cold room, cold air leaking in from the a/c unit...... No heat from the base board heater.. Scruffy room, something from the 70's...
Used quilts from both beds, the temp remained a steady 15.2 c.....
The pictures tell the story.....
Breakfast coupons used down the road, .... great breakfast!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Whitehorse, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We stayed here after a long day on the highway and were expecting the type of service that we have experienced at this motel before. The first thing that we noticed was that there was a new sign up indicating new management. In my experience this is usually an indication of a better customer service experience. The clerk handled our check in well and gave good directions to our room.

After getting our luggage into our room and getting undressed we noticed that it was very cold in the room. This was most likely due to the missing weather stripping on the door and the fact that the heater was turned off. The crack in the door allowed quite a draft into the room and with the outside temp at -27 we were very uncomfortable. Our next surprise was when we went to have a shower. The best we could coax out of the tap was lukewarm water and afterward when stepping out we found clod water dripping out of the ceiling around the exhaust fan. I won't be back until I see a sign that says newly renovated. (which it had not too terribly long ago).

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Northern_Roadrunner
Sylvan lake
Reviewed 5 March 2010

well, since I wanted a smoking room and I have a small dog... I knew not to expect the best room in the house. I noticed an unpleasant "odour" when i took the room, and even though I ignored the weird taps at ankle hieght and the dirty floor, shredded towels, stained sheets and lumpy pillows... I thought "i really must stop smoking". But, what really got me was when I got home and took my hair out of it's ponytail... It stank of the room and my clothes in my luggage... same strange smell! I had to send my dog to the groomers to get it off him!
Shame on me for being a smoker and shame on them for renting that room out!! Now...thats gross!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Calgary
Reviewed 21 April 2009

Well, I can honestly say that things are a little outdated. But it looks as if they are currently under new management and seem to be cleaning the place up. The room was actually very clean and as were the sheets. Which is surprising as far as motels go, but overall compared to the other places in whitecourt, I'd definately go back there. Even just to see how far they are going with fixing the place up.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple