“GREAT BBQ”

Smoke On The Water BBQ Shack
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Gibsons
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We are a take out BBQ restaurant. We use all hormone free meat smoked on site with real hardwood. We have no inside seating but we do have a 12 seat patio that is heated for your dining pleasure We are open for the season!!! We look forward to seeing you soon We are now offering catering, big or small we do it all!
Reviewed July 31, 2016

The food and service here are excellent. We tried the brisket, ribs, mac and cheese, sturgeon taco special, and the deep fried Oreos for dessert. It was all sooo delicious. The patio seating is lovely and the service was quick and friendly. All together it was a great meal in a great setting.

We will definitely be back here next time we are in Gibsons.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

Whilst holidaying in the area from the UK I visited here for an early supper with my son and aunt and uncle this evening. The place was busy and for good reason. Between us we had pulled pork platter, slaw, beans and fries, brisket sandwich, pulled pork sandwich and a pulled pork and chicken smoked salad. Every mouthful was a delicious fresh riot on the tongue. Awesome. I would eat here every day if I lived in Gibsons. Very friendly service too.

1  Thank Vtrixy
Reviewed July 28, 2016

Second time here - today it was the mac'n cheese, corn flan, cowboy beans and slaw - all a great tasting lunch swilled down with watermelonade. Highly recommended. If ever we are back in Gibsons we will eat here again.

1  Thank LAKTEX
Reviewed July 27, 2016

Usually I stay away from writing reviews that are not complimentary. Waiting 40 minutes for food at a BBQ shack gives you an opportunity to watch closely what is going on at the food window and in the kitchen.
On this particular Saturday (23July) the Gibson's festival was on and granted it was a busy day. I ordered our food (a sandwich and a rib platter with 2 drinks - $40.00) and then it all fell apart. Many people waiting a really long time and all looking around with mystery at what the heck was taking so incredibly long for EVERYONE to get food. At the 37 minute mark, the shack Matriarch who was efficiently soliciting business outside the shack from passers - by, asked me how I was doing and I responded "In 3 minutes - I will have been waiting for 40 minutes" - (I had my receipt in hand, my # ready and the time was evident). She replied rudely - "Oh, 14 minutes - woooo" which was heard by other perplexed customers also including one very annoyed man who was on a timeline beside me with his family awaiting a boat departure.
When I replied "NO - 40 - four zero minutes" She said "Oh your number was already called" - which was untrue, she ran inside the shack and the staff said "NO" and then called my number 110.
The food was OK - not great - just OK - the ribs were not tender, nor worth nearly $20 for the plate. The seating area was minimal, one table occupied by one family also without food for over 20 minutes.
My drink was now warm and unopened which she replaced with the wrong drink and the ketchup and accompaniments had virtually all but run out.
It was just a major disappointment for hungry stomachs expecting good rapid food on a hot day in a beautiful setting. I hope that the usual delivery is satisfying for most. I will never eat there again.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

A fun outdoor venue on the wharf so close to the water you could be tempted to go for a swim. Service is fast food is fresh and well prepared