Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Patti D

Terrible Experience Truly Dishonest

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 9, 2023
After a long drive and reservations that had been made July 2022, we arrived and were told we had no reservation. We had also paid a deposit and was told we had not. I had booked through Hotels.com and had the confirmation number and proof of deposit. Terry the owner had overbooked and bumped us without a phone call or notification. There are very few options to rent at Christina Lake and all other motels were booked. We had to drive to Grand Forks to find a place to stay. To top it off Terry was refusing to return the deposit but did so once I threatened to bring a lawyer into the situation. Bottom line do not do business with Totem, they are dishonest and truly obnoxious, she's in the wrong line of business.
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Tripadvisor
29.4 km from Totem Motel & Resort
Restaurant
View more hotels in Christina Lake
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2023 via mobile

Worst campsite owner ever!
This is the first bad review I’ve left ever for any business.
Owner overcharged for children that weren’t there and overcharged the nightly rate for children that were and weren’t there at all. Ran our credit card with us being there or showing us any charges.
Very nicely knocked on the office door and pointed out the error and showed the campsite rates on her website. To which she literally yelled “no refunds” and slammed the door in our faces!
Unreal experience!

Room tip: Avoid this campground at all costs!
Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed September 5, 2022

Staff was friendly, accommodations were spacious and very clean with everything we needed! The Lake was nearby. Walking distance to many things. Quiet evenings. Would Definitely recommended , we had a great stay!

Date of stay: September 2022
Reviewed April 2, 2022

When I first stayed here I booked and paid through Hotels.com. The owners contacted me directly and asked for a credit card number - and I naively gave it to them, even thought my booking was all going through Hotels.com. When I got there the owner casually said she was having difficulites with the online system and said she would just cancel that and bill me directly. Sounded OK - but later I noticed I didnt get my travel reward from Hotels.com.... ?

So I booked again recently and the motel did the same thing. Called me and asked me for a credit card number. Now Hotels.com come tells you that when you book and pay through their site to not give out your credit card info - so I told the manger that.

I had booked way in advance for a special weekend and my reservation still shows as valid on Hotels.com And so I recently decided to call the motem and confirm my reservation. Was told that they cancelled it because I would not give them my credit card - and when I told her that Hotels.com says not to give it and that it still showed a reservation - she said too bad.

So if I had not checked I woudl have drove all the way out there...to find out I had no place to stay.

Horrible. They are likley doing this to just avoid paying a booking fee to Hotels.com. That seems like theft to me - if you do not want to be part of Hotels.com, then dont register.

The motel itself is dated and spartan and overpriced in any event. It is not lakeside and there is a noisy trailer park that they run right besdie the little motel.

There are much better palces to stay.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank I_Roam_AB
Reviewed August 19, 2021

DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!!!!!!! Fraud of over $1000….
We pre- book in the motel for a stay at the end of August. We had to cancel due to covid, allergies to smoke,from forest fires. our baby has asthma and I am pregnant. We canceled with more than adequate time… we cancel a week in advance. They owner Terrilyn Gustafson charged our credit card for 5 nights. We never even checked in! We reported her to the RCMP, and Better business bureau and well as to the fraud department for our credit card company. She does not answer her phone. My family and friends are locals in the area so this was a shock to many but word will spread.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank charfman
Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

Arrived late one evening after a long journey. Was advised there was only one room available which we looked at and due to tiredness we had to accept. This conflicted with another guest who we met back in the office after looking at the room who was given 3 sets of keys to look at 3 available rooms . We were lied to by the owner.

Room was dirty and very tired. Worktops were filthy, as were skirting boards , fridge and doors. We had to clean the surfaces before we would consider cleaning.

Towels were well laundered though.

If we were not too tired to drive on safely we would have done so.

An absolute shambles of a motel.

Date of stay: June 2019