“Dissapointed”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Yorkton
esterhazy
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We received a gift certificate for the bridal suite after not being able to use it due to it being booked three times we decided to change it for a king suite and go on New Years eve. Big mistake. The room was dated and smelled of chlorine, the tv was fuzzy and the air conditioner had a sign on it because it didn't work properly. The dude behind the counter when we arrived wanted to know why we were given the certificate (non of his business) and then proceeded to tell us about the manager whose name was on our certificate had been fired for stealing money from the hotel and almost insinuated that our certificate may not have been legit. I don't know who was manager at that time and frankly I don't care. I go for a night away from my own troubles don't need to hear yours. The icing on the cake was no continental breakfast because it was New Years. Apparently no one needs to eat on New Years at a full service hotel. We went to McDonalds for breakfast, they don't worry about paying their staff stat pay. Will I ever stay in this dump again NO, will I recommend it to you or anyone else? NO! Save your money. Sleep in the car.

Room Tip: Don't be by the pool, very musty and humid
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pauline c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Poor service for the price! Rooms are old, in poor condition and my sheets had cigarette holes in them. The staff were slow and rude and failed to respond to simple requests, like can you please stop the 10 kids from running down the halls at midnight. Only plus is the location

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Jkhhh
Janice M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
I apologize to you for thebad experiance. We have replaced all sheets and bedspreads recently and inspected all sheets in our hotel. I personally didnt see any burn holes. We have 1 person on shift from 11 to 7 am and since this incident I have spoken to our night auditor and gave him clear instructions on how to deal with unruley guests. I apologize if anyone was rude as we do not tolerate this in any way.

Travellers are raving about these Yorkton hotels

Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I'm very disappointed with the Ramada in Yorkton. We stay here often because of an elderly parent. This time we booked a room with one queen bed. There was no bar fridge in the room. There were hot wires from the computer connections under the desk, I thought the router wasn't connected...and reached down to separate some of the wires and got a shock. The bathrooms at the Ramada are very small and now that they put in the curved shower rods the door doesn't open very wide, the exhaust fan in the bathroom is useless it doesn't do anything to remove humidity yet it looks like a new appliance. The Ramada offers a continental breakfast but there were no hot items on Monday because it was a holiday here in Canada and on Tuesday the cook forgot to show up for work. The continental breakfast consists of bread, dry cereal, pastry on occasion, yogurt and two hot items if your lucky enough to get down there when they're in the warmer, the scrambled eggs are rubbery and the bacon very greasy...so disappointing for a hotel that used to serve a wonderful breakfast even if it was off a menu. I would rather pay less for a room and get a better breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I have stayed here frequently over the years and stayed again last night. Its probably the best hotel in Yorkton but that isn't saying a whole lot. The rooms are fine although the bathroom is a bit small. The heating/ airconditioning units are fairly noisy and can not cope if its a really hot day.
There aren't enough staff on the front desk to both check in people and answer the phone and I think they are not well enough trained either. There always seems to be some line up and when I phone to make a reservation I can be put on hold a long time.
The cleaning staff seem to do a good job and the beds are comfortable.
There is a decent pool area with a slide and hot tub and sauna.
The breakfast is OK although (as with any of these breakfasts) the eggs are overcooked. This morning there were no eggs and/ or bacon so I went and checked out and by the time I got back they had just managed to bring new bacon.
I can't comment on the food other than breakfast because I wouldn't risk eating there given the attitude of the staff.
Its probably the best alternative in Yorkton, though. Price for one night came to around $130.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Janice M, Front Office Manager at Ramada Yorkton, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
We apologize for the service you had. We do not tolerate rudness from any staff, and have since I hired new front desk staff. This should not be an issue anymore.Thank you for taking the time out to comment and be assured that these issues should not be a problem in the future.
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I stayed here while on business in Yorkton. Upon checking in, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located close to shopping facilities and restaurants, and the area it is in appeared to be clean and safe. The hotel itself looks and smells clean and I found my room to be quiet, clean, and comfortable. Not the newest in terms of style, but it did the trick. It was not the most modern of places, but I guess that was makes it more affordable than other nearby hotels. Being a travelling business person my only disappointment was the room lacked a decent desk to do work on.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The price was right but we went there for a couple of nights of relaxation. The first room offered us was next to one occupied by a family with kids who were squealing and whooping it up. We asked for a room in a quiet location and were given one overlooking the pool area! Not much improvement but I didn't feel like going back to the desk clerk who didn't seem too interested in anything. The next morning we went for the complimentary breakfast at 9:30 (available until 10:00) to find the orange juice was out, the packages of marmalade were dried out, there were only a few hash browns left and the warmer of scrambled eggs only had a few scrapings left. When I finally managed to track down one of the staff she went to get more orange juice but by the time she did that it was 9:45 and when I asked about the eggs I was told they would not be bringing out any more. On the plus side, the checkout staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Mu husband, granddaughter and I stayed at the Ramada on August 16. The hotel was full, but I had booked ahead. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small, but adequate. The continental breakfast was really excellent. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to let the hotel know exactly how many people will be in the room. Ask about discounts.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family