“Lovely building, great staff”
Review of Skipper Ben's

Skipper Ben's
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Cupids
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant is by reservation only and also serves as a bed and breakfast.
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Food and service was excellent...fish was fresh.....lots of food. Deserts were light and tasty. The owner is friendly and the wait staff were excellent. It was an overall excellent experience. Food fresh and very very good.

Reviewed August 26, 2017

When coming here you must recognize that the offering is a three course meal, lovingly prepared. The price for the three 3 course meal offerings runs from $30 for the pan fried cod offering, which I enjoyed, to over $35 for the steak entrée. Salad appetizer is nice, with walnuts and fruit. Dessert choices are good, although only two, including the lemon meringue pie, are homemade. The food presentation is outstanding, and the service sublime. The chef is to be commended, for both my cod and my wife's salmon filets were outstanding. Come here for a special occasion, or just to have a fine meal at a fair price.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

great presentation and quality for a limited menu. I have some food allergies that Viola was able to accommodate with some notice.

Reviewed January 17, 2017

I have been to Skipper Bens and everything was great. Old home restored and the front dining are overlooks the harbour.Food was homemade and to die for. Homemade bread, bluberry crepes with whipping cream.

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I had a nice dinner here. We each had the three course menu with the pan-fried cod, which was quite good. It came with potatoes, carrots, hollandaise sauce and some exceptionally good coleslaw. For our appetizers, I had the sweet potato and carrot soup, which I thought was just okay. My husband had the seafood chowder, which he liked a lot. We were also served some delicious homemade bread, which always helps a restaurant win me over. For dessert, my husband had the partridgeberry cheesecake and I had the chocolate chip bread pudding with ice cream. Both were good but not excellent. Overall a nice dinner with large portions at a good value, but not amazing. Service was excellent and added to the experience.