Ingleside Stud Farm(Tallebudgera)
All reviewsspa treatmentslife changingorganic foodqi gongbody and soulenergy levelsbest experiences of my lifesteam roommeal timesamazing spafellow guestsprivate plunge poolboot campcome homewonderful weekorchard suitesr r
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I stayed close to the dining room in a Heritage room. It had a bath and was all you need for a simple stay. I enjoying being so close as I was involved in all the activities on offer and wasn't tempted to opt out and stay in my room.

Donna was our group leader and she was beautiful. So kind and warm.

The chi gong, challenging walks, boxing, Nia dance, tribal dance, yoga, meditation, massages, facial, the journey, pools, steam room, being in nature, delicious healthy food, great people, nice teachings, surrounds and space was incredible. I recommended it for anyone feeling burnt out and needing to be replenished.

It was amazing being cooked for and not doing any laundry for seven days!

Basic tips and simple living is the key. Life is so crazy for so many of us. I have been able continue with some of their tips at home. I would love to return and recommend Gwinganna.

Thanks so much.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Gwingannah is a really fabulous holiday.
Went there to hang out with my family but eating healthy organic food, participating in tons of activities , great daily talk by a doc or health specialist and having all their pampering massages in the afternoons make it the best holiday ever. Kind of the opposite of a drinking booze, shopping and staying up late vacation, but feel fabulous after & meet great people in amazing surroundings. People can't comprehend that it's a luxury retreat that you can do whatever activities you want to do. Learn great healthy tips for a lifetime and get the best vacation ever. Going again next year !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FrancineZ
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

This was my first time at a health retreat. I booked my self in for the 4 day Sugar, Sleep & stress retreat. I was looking for a relaxing holiday by myself where I wasn't totally alone, I got all that and more. I've found a new lease on life and learnt so much about my body and myself. Afternoons are dedicated to relaxation and it was amazing. The food was so fantastic I bought the cook book.
I stayed in the cheaper heritage suites and they were basic but had everything I needed, not to mention close to the main dining hall :-)
If you're considering going here, just book it in, you won't regret it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jolene H
Reviewed August 4, 2017

We enjoyed every aspect of our stay at Gwinganna- the food, activities, talks and the efficient way everything was organised. Staff and presenters were excellent. We have come home with a different view of how we should look after our bodies!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gillndave_10
Reviewed July 19, 2017

My adult daughter and I attended the 7-Day Winter Detox in June 2017. We stayed in a luxury Moonarie Villa overlooking the fabulous views to the valley, Gold Coast and ocean beyond.

The Villa was beautiful, very clean and included all our requirements, including the use of a buggy and private plunge pool - the walk is only about 10 minutes to the ‘village’ facilities.

It did rain throughout the week but there was enough to do during the mornings and feel relaxed in the afternoons.

It’s only now, a month after the Detox, that I’m truly realising the benefits of the retreat and learnings. I did have a few dietary issues to sort and most of them are now resolved - through the meals we received (sugar, dairy, gluten, caffeine, alcohol-free and mostly vegetarian) and consultations with various experts – in my case I saw a very good nutritionist called Nick.

I now have reduced my milk, sugar and wheat intake (still have a coffee, the odd chocolate and no more than two slices of multigrain sourdough bread every day), continue to exercise well and feel so much better. The morning wellness seminars were generally great and highly informative about a variety of health matters.

Spa treatments were lovely – simple massages and facials were fine for me. I didn’t want to spend on anything unnecessary – you decide what you want and can say no! There was no pressure selling.

There were a few moments when I wanted to leave – the headache mid-week due to caffeine and sugar withdrawal was powerful but disappeared after some magnesium tablets administered by the nurses on duty…also the desire for some peace at meal times – the chatter can be over whelming, but it’s possible to zone out.

The mornings sessions of yoga, stretch and dance therapy were terrific in the beautiful purpose built buildings – nothing too strenuous for me, although my daughter did enjoy the high intensity classes.

All in all, we’re glad we ‘did it’ – my daughter and I both returned home healthier and enlightened. We found sensible and practical solutions for making our lives better. I also bought the Gwinganna cookery book and have enjoyed Soul Loaf and the various other recipes – well worth it.

Do go with an open mind and prepare to go with the flow.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Pick a private Villa if in your budget
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple