Lowest prices for your stay
US$96
Free cancellation until 22-01-23
US$96
Free cancellation until 22-01-23
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$88
PricelineUS$96
Hotels.comUS$96
getaroom.comUS$108
All reviews executive room contemporary hotel separate rooms pleasant place to stay recommend this hotel staff went out of their way onsite restaurant air con buffet style room service free parking three nights rooms are clean first floor no lift nice stay lovely hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2021 via mobile

How can they have a hygiene / cleanliness is our top priority when there was a public hair on the cup and on the quilt cover !!!
No senior management to report to , the poor receptionist did his best, when he was available no one on reception if not,
Really poor standards …..,on toiletries, no soap or shower gel WHAT??
The minimum basics
Will see if our experience has been reported to management will get a response, and update on this site, see for yourself re photo if that’s the kind of hotel you would want to stay at .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Chris Butler, Owner at Holiday Inn Leicester - Wigston, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2021

Dear Jjssnn
I have responded directly to you both, the below is part of the email sent-
Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Leicester Wigston, I would like to sincerely apologise for the level of service you received, from the cleanliness of your bedroom, lack of bathroom amenities, and your breakfast experience in our restaurant.

I have spoken with the housekeeping team about the cleanliness of the first bedroom you were checked into, this is not acceptable, and not the level of cleanliness I would expect from a bedroom that has been made clean and vacant on our system for a guest to be checked into. I have asked for a course of re-training to take place with immediate effect, and that every bedroom is checked fully by a supervisor before being made available for a new guest. I am sorry there were no bathroom amenities, I have taken this up with the supplier who has let us down again with our delivery, saying they were out of stock again, I have instructed our head office to use another supplier that will be more reliable to use, therefore not impacting on our guest experience.
I am very sorry you were unable to reach the reception team through the night, Luke the Duty Manager was regrettably dealing with two situations, which became out of our control and the police had to be called to deal with both of them. I have asked my Front Office Manager to review the staffing levels on the desk for periods where we know we are going to be busy, unfortunately we could not predict the events that took place that evening, as functions held at the hotel usually happen without any problems.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay here, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sarah Kenny

Reviewed November 21, 2021

The hotel overall is clean, tidy, and basic. No one on reception to welcome us on arrival but came out of the side room where they obviously saw us on the CCTV. check in was painless, room was clean.
However, there was a wedding on in the stage suites - and as we found out that evening some of them were staying in the hotel. We heard it all, family disputes, loud drunken laughter as they found their room, visitors to other rooms knocking on the doors trying to get the occupants attention, and other things we cannot post on here. Now, guests are guests however at no point did any staff of the hotel step in regarding the noise, which I would have expected as a minimum! when I checked out, I was NOT asked how we found our stay, hence this review. Poor poor show Holiday Inn - get staff who are interested in their guests experience. Maybe for future bookings keep wedding guests away from other guests who are probably paying alot more for their rooms !! or even tell guests about the wedding before they book.

Room tip: Make sure there is not a wedding when you stay as it could ruin your experience!
Date of stay: November 2021
Luke Statham, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Leicester - Wigston, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2021

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn in Wigston.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the issues raised in your review and provide as much of an explanation for the issues as possible.

I have spoken with the members of staff on duty, as well as being the Duty Manager last night.

Upon check in, our receptionist was on the phone with a guest in the back office, which is why he was temporarily away from the desk. I would like to pass on my apologies for this, as we want all of our guests to feel welcome from the moment they walk through the door.

For issues such as noise complaints, we recommend that guests alert the team on duty so that the manager can investigate as soon as possible to resolve this. Whilst we do conduct regular security walks, noise can occur between these walks, meaning that the team are unaware of this. Last night, we did not receive any such notification that there were any disturbances. Whilst we can do everything in our power to ask guests to reduce the noise, unfortunately as a hotel, we do not have direct control over guest conduct, and cannot limit guests to remain in their own bedroom and not visit other rooms.

All of our staff take pride in our work, which is reflected in our overall scores on review websites. I would like to assure you that guest satisfaction is at the forefront of everything we do at the hotel, so I am saddened to see that you feel that we are uninterested. We of course welcome all guest feedback at all points during and after your stay and do everything in our power to rectify this and ensure our guests are satisfied with the outcome. However, many of the points raised were issues which could have been dealt with during your stay to ensure that you left with fond memories of your visit.

I will of course share your feedback with the rest of the management team here at the hotel as we take any complaints or guest feedback extremely seriously, as we want to provide the best guest experience possible. Again, I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the issues raised.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly at the hotel.

I hope that this will not deter you from returning to the hotel where we can redeem ourselves, and show you our great customer service and world-leading hospitality that our guests have come to expect.

Luke Statham
Duty Manager

Reviewed November 14, 2021

Spent 2 nights on a bed and breakfast basis and thoroughly enjoyed it. The bedroom and bathroom exceeded expectations and was very comfortable and had everything we needed. Breakfast was delicious, buffet style with plenty of choices from the cold table and the usual hot bacon, eggs and sausages etc. Staff were brilliant, helpful and friendly especially the receptionist, and restaurant manageress.
Large car park and bus stop nearby for regular quick service to city centre. Also only a 15/20 minute walk into Wigston for the pubs and restaurants. Will definitely return.

Date of stay: November 2021
Luke Statham, Guest Services / Front Office at Holiday Inn Leicester - Wigston, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2021

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Leicester Wigston.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location, parking, restaurant and staff to be some of the highlights of your stay. I have also sent this review over to our Restaurant Manager and shared it with my colleagues here in the Reception Team.

I would like to thank you again for leaving a review and we hope that you do return soon.

Luke Statham

Reviewed October 31, 2021 via mobile

Good spacious room with nice bathroom and facilities. Comfy bed and good sized TV. Customer service was great, very friendly staff. Only down side was in the evening when we were trying to trying to enjoy and (expensive) drink in the bar, there were a group of men yelling and screaming at the top of their voice, disrupting people trying to eat and drink. Managers did nothing about this it was clear the female bar staff felt uncomfortable with their presence. Location is quite good, and a five minute walk to a charming area with restaurants and shops.

Room tip: Be careful when trying to get to the reception and you need to cross a carriage way with no crossing.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris Butler, Owner at Holiday Inn Leicester - Wigston, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2021

Good Morning,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reception

Reviewed October 23, 2021 via mobile

The room was clean and ok, but the Italian and breakfast weren’t up to much.
Poor customer service in the Italian, and lukewarm breakfast.
Overcharged for dinner but only realised after paying. When challenged the waitress disappeared for a while, came back and made an excuse that because the manager wasn’t around it would take ages to sort out, but we could have a ‘free drink’ each. Hold on??? £5 worth of ‘free drink’ to offset a £12 overcharge. And after leaving feedback and getting a reply from the management we still weren’t offered a refund.

Back to the room- it was spacious , the bed large and comfortable. Awesome shower, plenty of complimentary toiletries.

Room tip: Book elsewhere???
Date of stay: October 2021