“Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Scotter B&B and Inns
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

The Ivy Lodge is like home away from home, the rooms were clean, we had everything we needed and were even able to eat our takeaway in the dinning room where the owners brought plates, knives and forks and condiments, perfect! Thank you for the effort that went into making this an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
suffolk england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

Cosy and comfortable B&B hotel with most welcoming and friendly hosts. Excellent breakfast. Easy to find and well signed. I was made to feel most welcome. I did have the small room but it was as I say clean cosy and comfortable, and that came as no surprise as it was described to me when I booked it.. Very good value for money. Directions were fine and I found it without any problem.

Would recommend it to anyone. If you have stayed here and not liked it all I can say is that you must be a professional complainer!!! The Jenny Wren Inn 3 miles away at Susworth on the banks of the river Trent does very good evening meals.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

The location is hard to find coming from the north as the numbers of the road are not opposite each other and instructions such as 'go over the little bridge and it will be on the left' were not on the website I was using. Pat was very defensive over that. She was very grumpy and the energy in the place was not good. The single room is very small - barely enough room for my small suitcase at the end of the bed and costs a lot. I had a special request for breakfast and it all seemed too hard for her. I was not told about the code for wireless internet when I arrived and when I asked for the code in the morning so I could check something, Pat looked at her watch and sighed. I didn't get the code.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TravellingOn28
LincolnshireLucy, Owner at Ivy Lodge, responded to this review, 28 August 2010
In the first instance I think the author of this review must have mistaken my astonishment at his attitude on entering my home and business as being unfriendly and grumpy. On entering he started to complain about not being able to find Ivy Lodge due to lack of directions. May I point out there are 6 roads leading into this village from various directions so there is a limit as to how much detail one can put on directions however all state we are in the centre of the village right on the A159, there are also 2 large board signs on each gable end, 2 on the road side one of these prodruding and can be illuminated and 2 more at car driver's level on either side of the entrance to the car park. To assume number 4 would be opposite number 5 is ludicrous and I explained the properties numbered 1,3,4 and 5 were built in the 1800's and much more spread out then, for example there are now 9 properties built between number 1 and 3, I assume this was taken as me being defensive. Yes the room is small and described like this on our website but the Sitting room with reclinig sofa, comfortable chairs and a second TV that is for use with this small bedroom was not mentioned in the review nor the spacious shower room ensuite. A wide choice of breakfast was also included in the £39 tariff described as 'cost a lot'!! The WiFi code is given on request as not everyone wants this facility and this person had paid the bill and was about to leave when asking for the code in the morning and was not given it due to obvious security reasons.
I think it should be mentioned it takes two to be 'friendly' and as I, as a very mature lady was referred to by my first name I can only assume I must have been at least slightly friendly for this person to have been given it. I rest my case!!
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Have stayed here twice now, everything is as perfect as you could want. Wifi a place to work and alounge to relax in. Could not fault this in any way and I do travel around the country all the time on business and pleasure. Nothing is too much trouble here and all in spotless surroundings. The local pub (The White Swan) is not bad either with excellent meals at reasonable prices.

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scotter
9.2 km away
5.2 km away
Budleigh House
Budleigh House
#1 of 1 in Susworth

Been to Ivy Lodge? Share your experiences!