“Dare yourself!”

Haliburton Forest and Wild Life Reserve
Ranked #1 of 28 things to do in Haliburton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ontario's hidden outdoor recreation, education and entertainment gem.Haliburton Forest and Wild Life Reserve Ltd., or simply Haliburton Forest, is a unique, privately owned forest located on 70,000 acres of rolling hardwood forests, beautiful lakes, meandering rivers and extensive wetlands in the Haliburton Highlands of central Ontario, 3 hours north of Toronto.An outdoor lover's paradise, Haliburton Forest & Wildlife Reserve Ltd, features wilderness adventure activities including the Wolf Centre, the Walk in the Clouds forest canopy tour, groomed snowmobile trails, mountain biking, dog sledding, fishing, hiking, astronomy, wildlife observation, wilderness camping and accommodations, and an array of educational programs.
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Check out the Canopy Tour! 1/2 km of treetop trail. I'm afraid of heights and survived to tell the tale! Visit the wolf pack while you are there. Unique and memorable!

2  Thank Nan B

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I arrived early to visit the wolf center, and was surprised to learn so much about this pack of untamed wolves from the knowledgeable staff.

Then, it was on the canopy tour, which was fascinating and exhilerating. To get there, we took a ride in a van, followed by an enjoyable paddle up a remote lake, then a hike up a hill to the canopy.

It was much more challenging then I'd expected, with some amazing views and interesting facts from the well-informed guides. Met some great people and had a fun day in the privately owned forest. They even showed us the submarine (but sadly, government rules forced this specific attraction to close).

2  Thank David L
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We did the Walk in the Clouds Canopy Tour and loved it! Our guide Willow was very knowledgeable and we really enjoyed "walking in the clouds". Well worth the $ 95 which including entry to the wolf viewing. I like this better than ziplining because you can go as slow as you want and enjoy the scenery!

2  Thank Corinneandco
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Displays very life like, lots of information. I am in a wheelchair so trails were a bit rough...also too hot that day.
washroom trip was eventfful as my Husband had to assist me and there were still ladies coming in to washroom

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We took our 8 year old son, whose favourite animal is the wolf. I had read the reviews on tripadvisor and new what to expect. Although the wolves have 15 acres or so to roam in, it is an enclosure and they are fed at the viewing platforms (although the staff did say if anything manages to get into their enclosure they will hunt it, like squirrels and a porcupine once)

Very reasonsonable price, good educational films on wolves and bears, nice exhibits and very knowledgable and friendly staff, who were willing and around to answer any wolf question you had.

We arrived and found the whole wolf pack sunbathing by the viewing platforms, including all four new female pups, which were soooo cute! I am not one for zoos and I think some of the reviews are unkind, when would a zoo offer a 15 acre enclosure?!?

We personally loved it and it is one of my son's highlight of the whole holiday, he exhausted the batteries on the camera taking pictures and really did not want to leave after 3 hours.

2  Thank Fam_hols36