Fairway Inn(Sussex)
Jonah Place(Sussex)
US$88
Brooks BnB(Sussex)(Great Value!)
US$84
Covered Bridge Inn(Sussex)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$80
US$53
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 10, 2017

5 of us shared apartments 1 and 3 for a weekend of scrapbooking. The place is amazing, couldn't be cleaner. Being that it is January, it was cold out but the place was warm and comfortable. We had a snow storm sat night and Jack came to snow blow, he also cleaned off all our cars. Defineately apartment #1 is the cuter of the two, but I'd reccommend this rental to anyone. but I want to keep it quiet so it doesn't get too busy! lol

Room Tip: apartment #1 is the cuter out of the two we had rented
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Stay here annually for the Sussex Flea Market and have stayed in 2 of the 3 suites. Excellent location and very nice old architecture residence. lots of room and amenities. not wanting for anything. Landlord very pleasant and knowledgeable. did some cycling aroung a 5 covered bridge tour for 50kms so its centrally located as well. biking friendly as well. stay here anytime and plan to in future again.

Room Tip: very big rooms, old style architecture, all are good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

I randomly found this place online while looking for a place to sleep that allowed dogs and I was not disappointed. We had the 2 bedroom suite and it was huge! It's in an old house and the decor was charming. It has every thing you need to make yourself at home (it even has a dishwasher). The owners are friendly and answered my many emails very quickly. Jack showed up on arrival and showed me how everything worked. I would highly recommend checking it out if you ever need a place to stay in NB. The only thing that bothered us was the lack of soundproofing, but it didn't prevent us to enjoy our (sadly very short) stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2016 via mobile

A old house with a lot of character that has been converted into large suites (including full kitchen). Comfortable accommodations and prices are very reasonable. Overall a great place to stay. I see it is for sale - hopefully will stay open for years to come.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2015

We travel to Sussex, NB yearly for the annual Flea Market. For the past 5 years we have been staying in local motels overnight in order to get an early start. When I tried booking a motel in June, the rooms were already taken so I turned to the Maple Shade. I booked the one bedroom suite for a one-night stay. We were so pleasantly surprised when we entered the suite on arrival. Not only did it have everything described in the amenities but it was far more spacious than we could have imagined. We had the entire upper floor which includes a large, well equipped kitchen, separate dining room, living room with 3 chairs and a love seat, flat screen TV and WiFi plus a land line for local calls. It was very clean and comfortable. We wished we were staying longer. In fact we want to book a 2-night stay in the fall and explore the area. The Maple Shade is located just off Main Street in downtown Sussex. I would highly recommend it. The owners do not live on site but all in the instructions you need are provided so don't be taken aback when you arrive. Just look for an envelope with your name attached to the door of the suite in which you are booked.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is on the top level, other two suites below were booked when we stayed and we heard nothing from the other tenants.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple