All reviews gracious staff convenient location front desk staff breakfast buffet room service hotel is located comfortable bed dominion karina brittany marriott noise tub housekeeping elevator amenities
Reviewed August 28, 2018

very clean hotel
friendly servants
very good breakfast with many choice
cool swimming pool + hot tub + fitness room
each room is in same size, but different floor plan
location is good, close to public transportation

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jonie T, Director of Rooms at Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear raymond20062018,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a positive feedback in regards to your stay. Hope to welcome you back to the Civic Hotel soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Booked here for the second time in August.
Great rooms and very good service. Karina at the front desk was very helpful.
Stayed 3 nights the first time but book 9 nights this time around.

Keep up the good work fellas.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SalimCanada
Jonie T, Director of Rooms at Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear SalimCanada,
We are pleased to hear of your positive experience with the hotel and the team, Karina in particular. Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2018

First of all, I'm a little late with this review as my stay was in June. Therefore some things may have changed since then.

Things I liked: The location right next to the Sky Train was awesome, the rooms were modern and not "cookie cutter", and the front desk staff was friendly.

Thing I disliked: The big thing was the climate control system. Instead of having a traditional air conditioning system, they had something else and my room way way too hot.

Room Tip: I'd stay at a floor closer to the top as I heard somebody screaming in the plaza area one night.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank sm5906
Jonie T, Director of Rooms at Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Dear sm5906,
Thank you for your honest feedback. I'm pleased to hear you appreciated the location and the design of our guest rooms. Our passive system is currently being looked at and working on stabilizing it. Kindly reach out to me at Jonie.Tee@CivicHotel.ca if you'd like to discuss your stay in further detail. Hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Jonie T
Director of Rooms

Reviewed August 14, 2018

We stayed here the very first week it opened, so there were some kinks that had to be worked out. First of all, we had to move from a beautiful corner room to a regular room because the corner rooms didn't come with a desk. Also, there were no min-fridges which are usually standard in most hotels. However, the staff they have employed were just phenomenal! They assisted us in making dinner reservations nearly every evening we were there and provided numerous helpful hints about how to get around Vancouver. They even gave us umbrellas as we went out if we had forgotten our own.
The hotel is located right next to the sky train, so that was super convenient for getting into town. Also, the town hall, public library, and shopping centers are all in the immediate vicinity as well.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the town hall and library are probably quieter, but rooms on the back have views of the mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Jonie T, Director of Rooms at Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear Mary Jo N,
I truly appreciate the time you took to write us a review. We are currently working on adding full working desks in all rooms soon. We only currently have them in our Queen/Queen and some King Room type. Kindly request during reservation for the time-being. Mini fridges are also available upon request. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back again at Civic Hotel.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Let's start with the elephant in the room... the hotel rooms have 'passive cooling' (aka no a/c). There I said it. If the ambient temperature is normal (below 80f / 30c) then all is good. If the temperature is high then it can get uncomfortable. The rooms are well designed, comfortable bedding, large shower, plenty of power outlets. Internet speeds are very impressive 300mb/s down and up! 3 minutes walk to SkyTrain. Breakfast and meals generally very good. All the staff I have encountered have been helpful. I will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: The room numbers ending 14 or 15 have a 180 panoramic view.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Jonie T, Director of Rooms at Civic Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Dear PSA900,
We greatly appreciate the time you took to review our property in regards to your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!