All reviews boston pizza front desk small pool rodeo grounds adjacent restaurant ample parking newer hotel restful sleep bed room within walking distance would definitely stay here again recommend this hotel air conditioning great room up to date hot tub king suite
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

This was a great one night stay. Check in was fast and perfect. The room was very clean and comfortable. Check out was a breeze. My only concern was the restaurant was not open for breakfast. Opens at 7:00 am. Other than that this was one of the Holiday Inns I have stayed at. I will definitely return.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Poor service at desk. We were quoted $179 per night for 2 nights but on checkout we were charged $199 for 2nd night and friends in another suite were charged $169 and $$189 for same two nights - no explanation for difference from clerk at desk. He said he would talk to manager and email re refunding our $20 but after several days no message Nd no refund. Will not stay again.

Date of stay: September 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear Barbara D,

We appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay.

We are very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service your have received. I apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Staying at this hotel was definitely a decision I wish that I could reverse. The book appears to be nice, but if one looks closer, the age or poor maintenance really shows.
One of the criteria for staying at this location was that there was a restaurant. Not worth it.

One can do much better elsewhere. Might have to drive a bit, but definitely do so. You will not regret the decision.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Dear Mountaineer57,

I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write the review regarding your stay with us. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and we appreciate you chose to stay with us. We apologize you found the hotel dated and the upkeep of the facility did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention as this is our best resource to know how our hotels are being managed to a high standard and to evaluate what can be given additional attention. I have this information documented and it will be forwarded to the hotel management for review and will be a basis for future upgrade.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to offer you a more pleasant stay in the future.

Grace P.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

I booked this hotel for one night for business, needed to be in South Surrey the next morning. Holiday Inn is my "go to" chain because I know I'll always get a good bed and super clean room. This property is fairly new, adjacent to the Cloverdale Rodeo Grounds and a block away from a shopping centre with great food and beverage options.

As a solo traveller I will usually avoid a ground floor room for security concerns, but this time I got one and it was just fine. The proximity to the front desk was nice, and it was tucked away beside an office that's used in the daytime, so there was no noise from adjoining rooms. I got dinner from Umami Sushi down the street (delicious and fresh), and settled in for a really good sleep thanks to the triple glazed windows that screened out the traffic sounds from 64 Street. The AC units are new and very quiet, so that was a bonus as well. A lot of older properties have aging units that rattle and roar all night, which doesn't make for restful sleep.

The staff are terrific, very friendly and the place was spotless and super comfortable. Well done!

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here every year mainly because of the convenient location to relatives. This year we noticed a marked deterioration in customer service, common hotel extras, and overall friendliness of staff. No longer are we greeted with a friendly good morning or hello as we pass the front desk etc. It seems making money has become the managements mission statement and they have yet to realize that without genuine friendly service, repeat customers will be non existent.
There is an overall feeling of " cheapness" about the hotel. We frequently had to ask for new plastic cups or coffee cups or coffee pods etc. I don't blame the housekeeping staff as she was clearly overworked. There should have been at least 2 housekeepers cleaning the rooms. One hesitates to complain knowing management will probably blame her.
The hotel is still conveniently located close to Starbucks, Save On, MacDonalds , Shoppers Drug mart etc.
We will be hesitant to stay here next year given the attitude of management.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Hello CappuccinoLady,

Thank you for choosing us again and for sharing your experience. I am happy that our location worked for your travel needs. However, it is unfortunate that this time we failed to make your stay more comfortable. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the condition of the hotel and the level of service you received may have caused you. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,