“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Surrey
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was our second time to stay at this location and again we were very satasified. Close to shopping and Restaurants . Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, great workout room and a heated pool. Free parking and free wifi is always a bonus.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank icarol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

A step above the usual Sheraton, in my book. Very, very nice rooms. The only issue that kept me from rating it "excellent" is that their Wifi was not working. But, once I convinced them it was their router and not my machine (which took a bit of doing), the staff tried their best to get things sorted out.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

This was my eighth stay at this property but the first time I've submitted a review.

I continue to be impressed by the service and the value offered by this property. Everyone we encountered on our stay seemed genuinely happy to be working at the hotel and, in some cases, went out of their way to help us.

As an SPG Platinum, I have always received a nice upgrade at this hotel and this visit was no exception. The club lounge, while small, is a nice benefit, with a nice breakfast offering, afternoon snacks, and a nice evening spread as well. I recommend that anyone staying here consider a club floor upgrade as its good value just for access to the lounge.

The recent renovations at the hotel have really made a difference. The elevators are now fast and, best of all, the fitness centre has a lot of clean, new equipment in a larger space (three brand new elliptical machines vs. one older machine before, for instance).

For my purposes (business in the lower mainland - Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford), the location is ideal, especially the easy access to HWY 1, but without any of the traffic noise.

For this visit, I'd like to single out Laurie and Rachel from the Club Lounge. My work colleague and I had exceptional service from the two of them on all of our encounters, with each going out of their way to provide better service. Laurie, on overhearing that my in-room coffeemaker had died, arranged for it to be replaced by the time I was back from my meeting. She also arranged for some additional breakfast items I wanted (certain kind of oatmeal) to be added for me. Rachel remembered our names on each visit and our drink preferences were prepared for us without asking. She also recommended a main course that we ordered up from the restaurant that was superb (the Ciopollo). Rachel and Laurie helped make a long trip of a few consecutive weeks on the road much easier on us.

I look forward to my next visit here.

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room - with no other large buildings in the area, the view is spectacular.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 5fredw
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was there for only two nights, but in the middle of winter with rain everywhere, the Sheraton was a bright spot. Friendly and accommodating staff made my stay all the more pleasant. Large, comfortable room (I'm a Starwood member, so that may have had something to do with it) and brew-in-your room Starbucks made those dreary mornings more manageable. Their Fresh dining room was better than restaurants in many hotels in which I've stayed, even if I found their menu a little short. I can't comment on their breakfast - I'm an egg Mcmuffin fan, so I walked down the block for that :-)
There were a couple of minor shortcomings in my room - a missing hook on the bathroom door was one - but I drew those flaws to the attention of Curtis in the lobby and he promised to have them sorted out. And I believe him.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Stayed here while in Surrey on business. Easy access to parking garage, with in and out privileges. Room service was fast and very good. Service was excellent by everyone I encountered. The beds were very comfortable although the king sized pillows I had were terrible. They fell flat when you laid on them. I ended up taking the couch cushions and putting them underneath one of the regular bed pillows to give my neck some support. I didn't bother complaining, I made due with what I had. I liked that you could open a small window within your huge bedroom window, for some fresh air. Bathroom was very clean and huge. I appreciated getting re-stocked for shampoo and conditioner each morning. I forgot my own, have long hair so go through more than half the bottle each time I shower. They asked about visiting Vancouver before, told them it was my first time and they said let's make sure you get a mountain view room then. It was a great view for a first time visitor. I did not end up eating in the restaurant while I was there, but the food ordered via room service was amazing. The hotel is across the street from Guildford Mall (I think that's the name) and it's huge. You can walk or drive over, very handy if you've got some time to kill. It's not near the Sky train, not sure if they have a shuttle or not. Very close to the #1 Highway which I needed to get to my office. All in all, this was a great hotel, great rooms and great service. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Mountain view room, as high up as you can get are glorious to see. Sunrise especially!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Surat, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Lovely hotel, attentive service, good gym and spa facilities. Excellent driver provided for city tour. Pay the extra and get sea view room on club floor. View incredible of Gateway of India, club room services really useful. Spa treatments good and reasonable. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Calgary Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I had no complaints. We stayed for a week for business. Staff was available and helpful, but left us to our daily rounds. Food was excellent. The business center was great for our needs.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business