All reviews full kitchen washer dryer living room secure underground parking front desk great kitchen the penthouse guildford town centre great suite comforts of home king suite home away from home rooms are nice would stay here again the greater vancouver area great place to stay room key
Reviewed June 7, 2018

I appreciated the access to a built in parking garage at no addition cost, and the lobby coffee was better than average. The staff was consistently friendly. The mountains in the distance were nice. On the other hand…

• The wireless internet was on par with the best 2003 had to offer
• A wake up call I requested never happened
• My room was pretty beat up; cracked sink, cracked tiles, scuff marks everywhere, etc.
• The dishwasher in my suite was loaded with dirty dishes when I arrived, and loaded with the same dirty dishes four days later. Dirty soap dish in the sink the first day as well.
• Coffee and accouterments were not replenished each day
• My room key had to be recharged twice, even though I keep my bag of gorilla magnets in a different pocket
• Parking gate refused to open on first day, had to call front desk and wait a good bit for an attendant. Worked inconsistently over the remainder of my stay as well.
• The bedding had the distinct smell of infrequently bathed old people
• My bathroom door would only open 45 degrees before hitting the sink, which totally interfered with my primping
• I swear the cleaning crew repeatedly and intentionally positioned a particularly rock-hard shin-high ottoman directly on the path most traveled, then turned off all the lights. I silently congratulated their wit, the first two times.

Would not return; there are almost certainly better options nearby.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank JPankratz
GMSandmanSurrey, General Manager at Sandman Suites Surrey-Guildford, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Hi JPankratz,
Thank you for your detailed review, we do appreciate your taking the time to do this, I will investigate this matter and will take all issues up with each department to fix the issues. I hope you will give us another opportunity should you visit Surrey again, please call on me direct. Thank you,

Reviewed May 29, 2018

Disgusting place. The place had stains and crusty things everywhere. Mold as well. Visible water leak all over the ceilings. Don't stay there. Pay the extra go to the Sheraton across the street. It's nice and clean. Have a look at the photos... Those are just a few shots.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank lupotadu

HI lupotadu,

We are sorry to hear of your experience, please call on me direct so I can get further details to investigate this matter. This is not typical of our hotel and we apologize. I would like to hear from you, please call me direct. Thank you,

Reviewed May 14, 2018

I always have a great time at this motel, nice fluffy bed, clean
rooms are great, lots of space and good location near the mall
Front desk and maids work to make everything great and I really enjoy the balcony

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Dhorea K,

Thanks so much, we strive to make every guest feel at home and we happy to hear we did that with you. Thank you,

Reviewed March 4, 2018

I have stayed at this hotel for over 3 months in 2017 and over a month in 2018. The hotel and restaurant staff are the ones that make it nice to be here. I travel for business and there are lots of options out there. If you have to be away from home this is the closest you get to home.
Not everything is up to date in the rooms but the front desk and housekeeping make up for everything.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi msz826,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it is much appreciated. We are glad you did enjoy your stay and we hope to see you again,

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Sandman Hotels are generally a good bet. This one is well located and the suite rooms are nice and well equipped. Staff at the front desk were pleasant and helpful. Underground parking appears to be secure. Moxies is attached to this property. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi 238doug,
Thank you for your review, we are so happy to hear you had a good experience with us, we hope to see you again then,