“Best Hotel In Vancouver”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Best Hotel In Vancouver”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I Travel to Vancouver regularly for business, And Finding The "RIGHT" hotel for my needs is tough at times. this holiday inn met and far exceeded my needs and expectations. Great Value And rooms Extremely comfortable and CLEAN. hotel is VERY Quiet,, the hotel staff is very friendly and attentive,, and like most holiday inn's,, treat you like family. In al Honestly, i have no negative comments,, Best Hotel i've stayed at in a long time!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ken S
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
I cannot express how much your great words of encouragement and praise mean to us all, thank you very much for sharing your glowing recommendation!
We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I had a quick trip to Surrey for business June 17 (one night) and stayed at this hotel. It was convenient to get to from the SkyTrain and it was a short cab ride to my meeting in the morning. The breakfast was great - hot, healthy and lots of choice for non-meat eaters and lots of fruit. While I was leaving I mentioned to Cheryl that I was looking for a Starbucks because they have soya milk, she said that had they known, she was more than happy to have gotten me some soya milk. So, just a suggestion for the future, your hotel can keep the small tetra packs of soya milk and should anyone ask, you'd have it available (and they have a pretty long shelf life when unopened). Great location, great price, nice room. I was in room 339, and found that when you walked in front of the TV cabinet the cabinet doors shook/vibrated. The main road is busy, but the traffic dies down at the end of the day. I had a room facing the back. Thanks so much Cheryl,

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your great review and perfect suggestion!
We now have tetra packs of soy milk available for any guest who requires it.
They owe it all to you!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I travel to the Vancouver area every month on business and stay at this hotel almost every time. Everything that this hotel offers allows for me to conduct my business in an effective manner from the breakfast in the morning to the pool for some exercise to the friendly service at the front desk. This last visit I realised three hours away from the hotel that I possibly had left my wallet on the desk in the room. While I had no concerns about the security of my wallet, Alison confirmed this for me while I stayed on the phone and then had the wallet brought down to the front desk and put in an envelope for me for added peace of mind. Their professional and friendly service makes it a very easy choice as to where to stay every month!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is a nice hotel well above the normal Holiday Inn Express decor. They have an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, and fitness center.

It has excellent accommodations and decor but it is located on a very busy highway and there is construction happening in a new housing complex behind.

If you value your sleep try to get a room facing the back but remember they start construction early on the housing project.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get one at the backside facing the construction for a quiet evening
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for posting your review!
We will be very thankful when the road construction is complete and the neighboring townhouse complex has been finished. The complex is Mon-Fri so it is great to get a break on the weekends from any disturbance. Fortunately, we have had very few complaints since it began in Sept last year, I could count them on one hand in fact. We are very lucky to have the green space along the backside of us to help us shelter our guests from any noise that may occur and we pre-block people on the back side whenever possible.
I sincerely appreciate your positive comments and hope we can exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Both visits were short stays for family emergencies. The staff were helpful even when we extended one stay. The breakfast buffet food is average reheated fair but very convenient . Great value and location. Rooms comfortable, and if you've stayed at any hiexpress you know what to expect. Lots of parking and free wifi.

• Stayed February 2012
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with repeated family emergencies. Thank you for your positive review of our hotel despite the less than ideal circumstances that brought you to our door. It is great to hear that your stay was comfortable and that the staff accommodated your needs, I can assure you it was their pleasure to do so. Perhaps a brighter event will bring you back our way. Your "thumbs up" means a great deal to me, thank you again for sharing it here on Tripadvisor.

Kamloops
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed here for one night it was just a quick get in and get out so I couldnot expeirence everything the hotel had to offer like the pool which was very inviting but I had a long day and needed my 40 winks before moving on early next morning.
First time I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and I was really impressed by the quality of breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kimberly C
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
We feel privileged to be your introduction to what the Holiday Inn Express brand has to offer guests, including the breakfast, and are thrilled you were happy with your stay with us.
Hopefully we will see you again and you will have more time to enjoy the hottub and pool.
Your comments are sincerely appreciated and I thank you very much for posting them.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel is two minutes off the Trans Canada Hwy and is about 30+ minutes away from downtown Vancouver. It is also approximately 10 minutes away from the Skytrain station. The front desk staff were very friendly and we found our room to be very nice, clean, quiet and comfortable. They provided breakfast each morning which was simple and adequate. Parking is also free. The hotel is close to The Keg, Earls and Boston Pizza. If you have any things to do in the Surrey area, check out this hotel. Our next trip to Vancouver we'll consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
I attended a seminar on Tripadvisor and social media recently and the new consensus is that we, as managers, need not respond to every review. We are also advised to keep it professional and short.
Well, I tried, it just goes against my nature. After reading such great comments, advice, and detailed tips about our property such as you have written I have a really hard time not replying with a hearfelt "Thank You!". I "get" that we all have busy lives and when guests takes the time to share their honest thoughts, good or bad, it is invaluable and sincerely appreciated.
Your kind words are a pleasure to read, it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we have the opportunity to host your next visit to the Lower Mainland.
Thank you.