“Delightful PanAsian Cuisine!”

Manis Pan-Asian Eatery
Ranked #136 of 926 Restaurants in Surrey
Reviewed August 20, 2016

I have visited Manis Restaurant several times now and I have not been disappointed yet!

Each time I eat here, I try a different dish. The food is always delicious, cooked to perfection and the presentation is always beautiful. This visit I had the Nasi Goreng - an Indonesian fried rice dish with egg, tomato, and Chinese greens. I had it with chicken, but it was also available with beef or prawns. This dish was a pleasure to eat — the fried rice was scrumptious and the egg added a level of flavour that was very pleasing. Pineapple chunks added a refreshing sweetness to the dish.

My husband had the Thai Mango Fish, which was so delicious that I have decided that it will be the dish I try at my next visit. The portion of fish was just right and it was so flavourful, with just the right amount of heat. The mango slices lent a tropical edge that balanced the spiciness. And who can resist coconut rice?

One of my favourite dishes at this restaurant is the Mango Shrimp Wrap. If I could only have one dish from Manis, I would definitely have theses rolls — they are summer in a rice paper wrapper.

Manis is a cozy restaurant with seating capacity for 44. The staff is exceptionally friendly. Every time I have been there, I have been greeted with a welcoming smile. The service is impeccable, friendly, attentive but not overbearing.

1  Thank Catherine J

Reviewed February 24, 2016

Had always driven quite a ways to try authentic SE Asian food and this was actually like "back home" food. Surprising enough, the owner/s were from my hometown and they have been in Canada for over 20 years!

Came here for lunch on a Sunday with family members all from the same hometown and we ordered: Toss Noodles (dry/no soup base) with wontons, minced pork and BBQ pork; Soto Chicken; Murtabak with egg and onion ( similar to Roti Canai); Chicken Nasi Lemak and of course with Malaysian coffee! (Forewarned its with condensed milk)

Fair main portions and certainly no room for dessert although next trip would like to try their Roti gelato (with different fruit/flavours).

About 15 min wait for dishes and two waitresses were attentive and for a Sunday not overly busy.

Reviewed January 13, 2016

Great food and VERY reasonably priced as well. Have eaten here now 4 times in the last month. WHAT a great find! Spring rolls to die for! Nazi Goering (sp) is awesome! Noodle dishes superb! Soups are fabulous especially in this rotten weather!
I LOVE spice, but a friend who i took there last night is a wimp so she ordered her's mild. Mine was perfect as was hers. You will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed January 12, 2016 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stop for lunch while working in the area, what a surprise! What flavour! Oh, and did I mention "what flavour"!!! Nice place, very clean, friendly, good music, and great food!! What else is there to say. I'll be back again with my family, maybe even tonight for dinner. Two thumbs up!!

Reviewed December 26, 2015

Went to lunch w/ my sisters, 2 nephews & my bro-in-law. I do not really know Malaysian food, but one of my sisters knew what to order and guided us. The food was amazing - fresh veggies, lots of flavor, spiced perfectly (we wanted medium) and very acceptable amounts of food. I will definitely go back w/ my husband. He missed a treat! The restaurant is small, but nicely laid out and spotlessly clean. Our serving lady was friendly, helpful and anxious to make us happy.

1  Thank Ellen E R