“The food is actually quite good.”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Guildford
Neighbourhood: Guildford
Reviewed November 15, 2015

Was starving in the neighbourhood on a Saturday and needed something substantial. Saw this restaurant almost discreetly tucked away in the strip mall. It was 1.30pm and only one other table was occupied. I figured maybe the food was not great but noticed the nice tables and interior so I decided to take a chance.

It was a nice surprise as the food was actually quite good. I had one of the combo lunch deals and everything was good. Plus some tofu and beef....all good. The owner and wife did not speak a lot but they just let the food do the talking. Well, the food has spoken and I will eat here again if I am in the neighbourhood.

The combo deal is only about $1 more than the food court prices in the Guildford Mall across the street. I'd rather spend my money here: it's freshly cooked; good sized portion; nicer environment; and the value was worth more than the extra dollar. Besides, the food court in Guildford Mall is a zoo.

Anyway, if you are going shopping in the Mall and plan a lunch out, try this restaurant. Service is efficient and polite, typical Chinese restaurant...non of that 'how's your food tasting...' check back you find at an Earl's or Cactus Club, but I really don't need someone checking on my food.

Funny how some of the best restaurants I have been to are those that are quietly tucked away in some strip mall.

Reviewed November 1, 2015

When ever I am in Surrey, this is the family meeting place. Small restaurant but they can always accommodate our party of 6 - 12 people (I do suggest reservations). Service is friendly and mostly fast. Food is always hot, fresh and tasty. Never disappointed in the salt and pepper squid or the cod fillets. All the standards are well prepared and the portions are generous. Prices are moderate.

Reviewed March 1, 2015

Recommend the lettuce wrap, so good to eat in or take out. All menu items are very good and affordable.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We weren't terribly hungry and just had a couple of dishes but liked both of them. we plan on coming back to try more dishes - a friend recommended this restaurant.

1  Thank Keyrock
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We enjoy the spicy salty squid, hot and sour soup, ginger beef, lettuce wraps are good too.

4  Thank MantaRay2010