“Another new place”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Guildford
Neighbourhood: Guildford
Reviewed 18 April 2017

We didn't even know about this Chinese restaurant in a strip mall 5 minutes from home. But we went there for dinner last Friday night and ordered special chow mien, pork fried rice, pork foo yung and pinapple chicken. Had lots to eat, all very tasty and brought home enough for lunch the next day. We were really happy with the food and the wait service. Lots of parking right out front. Tis business must do a lot of take out too.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Ordered from here last night. The delivery person was super sweet. We ordered the dinner for three, could easily feed five people. I enjoyed it very much and will order from here again in the future

Reviewed 19 December 2016

We tried to order a combination dinner for 4, but wanted to make a substitution for one dish which was similarly priced on the a la carte menu. At first we were told it was ok, then the server came back and said it would be $10 extra, and suggested we just order what we wanted from the regular menu. We ordered 3 dishes plus steamed rice for 4 of us for more than the "dinner for 4" was supposed to cost and did not have any leftovers. The food was pretty good, but somewhat bland, and not too plentiful. I doubt we'll be back.

Reviewed 18 November 2015

The power was out in our neighbourhood due to a windstorm, and seeing the lights on in this place put a big smile on all of our hungry faces!

We were impressed by the taste of the food but the servings were very small. The chow mein was a strange dry, puffy noodle which I didn't love, but the kids liked. The wonton soup was hot and fresh tasting and the fried rice was very good. I could have eaten the entire plate myself though, and I am not a huge eater.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

Was starving in the neighbourhood on a Saturday and needed something substantial. Saw this restaurant almost discreetly tucked away in the strip mall. It was 1.30pm and only one other table was occupied. I figured maybe the food was not great but noticed the nice tables and interior so I decided to take a chance.

It was a nice surprise as the food was actually quite good. I had one of the combo lunch deals and everything was good. Plus some tofu and beef....all good. The owner and wife did not speak a lot but they just let the food do the talking. Well, the food has spoken and I will eat here again if I am in the neighbourhood.

The combo deal is only about $1 more than the food court prices in the Guildford Mall across the street. I'd rather spend my money here: it's freshly cooked; good sized portion; nicer environment; and the value was worth more than the extra dollar. Besides, the food court in Guildford Mall is a zoo.

Anyway, if you are going shopping in the Mall and plan a lunch out, try this restaurant. Service is efficient and polite, typical Chinese restaurant...non of that 'how's your food tasting...' check back you find at an Earl's or Cactus Club, but I really don't need someone checking on my food.

Funny how some of the best restaurants I have been to are those that are quietly tucked away in some strip mall.