All reviews ferry terminal vancouver island horseshoe bay one night next morning sunshine coast within walking distance free wifi antique furniture nice bathroom family run scuba diving fish and chips pleasant surprise entire conversation beds were comfortable restaurants in the area
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed one night here in preparation for taking the ferry across to Vancouver Island. This is an older style motel from the outside but all the rooms have been redone individually with a different decor in each one. The room was large with furniture that was unique for each room. The office staff were great-had a good sense of humour and were most helpful. I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
atthebay, Manager at Horseshoe Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Hello Ron,

We are so grateful that you enjoyed your stay with us. All reviews, good and not so good, are very welcome. Through customer feedback, we learn about what is important to our guests and areas in which we need to improve. It was very gratifying that you rated us so highly. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review....we look forward to welcoming you back.
Bree

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My friends and I all love the motel at Horseshoe Bay. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! This location cannot be beat for beauty, and neither can Bree, Matt and the rest of the staff at this motel. I have stayed here several times, brought different friends, and they all want to return.
Thanks so much for making our stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: Go for the second floor-
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DenValDoug
atthebay, Manager at Horseshoe Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear Travel Trio Fort Wayne:

First of all, we really appreciate your wonderful comments. It is always so nice that you choose to stay at The Horseshoe Bay Motel. It gives all of us (Naomi, Math, Shannon and me) a great deal of pleasure to know that you are comfortable and happy to be here in Horseshoe Bay. We really look forward to welcoming you and your friends. Thank you again so much for taking the time to submit your review. Best regards, Bree

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We recently spent one night at the Horseshoe Bay Motel in Horseshoe Bay. I left my wallet in one of the drawers of cabinet in the room. It contained several items of value. Credit cards, driver's licence and several thousands of dollars in cash.

When I realised what happened (24 hours after we had departed), I called. To my surprise and huge relief, they told me that they had found it and would keep it for me. By that time they had already emailed me!

The manager, Bree, and her team deserve credit for such honesty and service. Not easily beaten! Full marks and many thanks.

Gerrit Pretorius

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerrit P

Dear Mr. Pretorius:
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. We were delighted to have you as our guest. We are so grateful for your kind comments. When our staff member, Shannon, found your wallet, we were very concerned that you would be in a panic regarding where it had been mislaid and also that you might have been stranded somewhere without funds.
Anyway, all ended well and we were thrilled to learn that your entire Canadian vacation was very successful. We hope that you will soon return to British Columbia and specifically to The Horseshoe Bay Motel. Best regards, Bree

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Old-fashioned--in a good way--motel! Well kept & very clean & comfortable. Staff pleasant & helpful on phone when I made reservations & helpful on site. Worked well for our need to catch early morning ferry.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ajoyce7
atthebay, Manager at Horseshoe Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. All comments are greatly appreciated because it is essential that we are "tuned in" to the needs of our guests. Our goal is to provide comfortable accommodation and an enjoyable experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to write. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

This is right there in horseshoe bay. Close to the ferry terminal. Very friendly town. Good restaurants. Beautiful views. We were there for the diving but it is great weekend destination. The hotel is very nicely furnished and clean.The bathroom was large and great shower with plenty of hot water. They have free wi-fi with two access points and i got a strong signal on one. I imagine the other is better on the other side so i would guess the have pretty good coverage. There are a few things that they could improve on. The doors have a half moon window at the top. The exterior lights are on all night and we had to hang a t shirt over the door to cut down on the light. There is no closet, just some space to hang stuff behind the door. The floors are heated and we could not find the thermostat. We ended up having to crack the door when it reached the high 70's. It's a bit on the expensive side for what you get but I suppose you are paying for the location.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
atthebay, Manager at Horseshoe Bay Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write. We have great diving in this area and are very pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our waters. Thank you for your comments regarding the Horseshoe Bay Motel. I regret that you found your room to be too warm. There are thermostats on the baseboards in all rooms and had we known that you were uncomfortable, we would have adjusted the heat for you accordingly. Before we had the doors with the glass windows, we used to get complaints that the rooms were too dark. Nonetheless, your point is well taken and we will try to think of a solution. We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back.