“Award winning Taiwanese beef noodle soup”

Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodle
Ranked #35 of 166 Restaurants in West Vancouver
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The walls are plastered with many awards that this restaurant has won, and for good reason. The Taiwanese beef noodle soup is outstanding, with hand pulled noodles with real texture made the old fashioned way. The beef in the dishes is amazingly tender and spiced just right, as is the broth. Can't say enough about this signature dish, but the other side dishes are equally good, as well as an on-site Chatime for bubble tea.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

The menu has lots of items, but really, people come for a bowl of soup. Chef Hung's versions put Pho to shame- richly flavoured not too salty base and genuine chunks of beef rather than thin slices. Some veggies added in, all over your noodle of choice.

I can't imagine any being second-rate; I had the Champ Beef shank at $12.45, and was pleased with that. I'd choose another simply to see the variety in the menu.

The place is clean, atmosphere non-rushed but efficient. Eric the server was more than proficient. An easy 4 star experience.

Reviewed October 1, 2017

I ordered the 5 vegetable with beef brisket and noodle soup. It should read 5 pieces of vegetables. My piece of cabbage was 1" x 1" x 1/16" in size. The carrot was 1" x 1/2". The piece of broccoli was about 1.25" x 1.25". The bok choy was I don't know. The corn cob was about 1" x 2". The tomato was half of a small tomato. There were 2 pieces of beef. The rest of the dish was about 2 cups of noodles. What a rip-off!

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

The reviews are right...I would have walked past this place had I not checked trip advisor for tasty soup places in West Van. From the street, the slightly raised restaurant just looks non descript when you walk by. Look for the humourus dancing fork with noodles in the front window.

Fantastic service from Andrew (manager?) and server Nathalie. They took their time to explain all of the different options, what they were famous for and what they would recommend. Andrew even served our pork bun dumplings and, on noticing that they weren't up to scratch he personally sent them back to be redone - now that is service. Nathalie was very enthusiast and it made our visit all the better. We were not just 'non asian' guests but very much welcomed.

We had the beef brisket with 5 vegetable soup ( with the flat noodle) - tasty with great chewy noodles. We also had the fried pork bun dumplings ( nice) and a hazelnut milk bubble tea with pearl and pudding ( you have to have a bubble tea when at a Taiwanese restaurant!)

I will go back but will try other things. They have a very diverse menu.

Reviewed April 18, 2017

An interesting place and the family had a good time trying things that were completely new to us. Well worth a try and we found that the wait staff was very helpful in navigating the menu. Would go again.