“One of the better choices”
Review of Troller Ale House

Troller Ale House
Ranked #23 of 160 Restaurants in West Vancouver
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 7, 2017

There aren't a lot of nice dining options near the ferry. We are glad we dined here. Word of caution: If you are on a tight schedule (catching the ferry) allow yourself plenty of time as the food isn't served super fast. We had all kinds of time so it worked for us. I had the reuben which I thought was good. Not a lot of swiss cheese. Came with a side salad which I thought was quite large. Nice combination of veggies. My hubby had the mac and cheese with chorizo. He also enjoyed his. Like I said not a lot of options near the ferry. However this appeared to be the best. Would dine again.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I grant you, it was because of overflow ferry traffic that the service sucked, but the kitchen could not get 2 sandwiches out in the 1.5 hours we gave them, and even then they got the orders wrong. No apologies. Couldn't even FIND our waitress to shift to take-out food. Head wait person surly at even being asked to help.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Stopped in for a quick afternoon drink with a friend. Sat outside with a nice view of the bay. Great drinks and the menus looked and smelled delicious, would come back to have a bite next time!

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

My wife took me to the Troller for my birthday lunch at 1:30pm.
Our server was abrupt.
We had to ask what the specials were. She quickly told us. We asked her to repeat them, then she told us to read them from the sign out front. We ordered brunch which took over 30 min to arrive.
There was a rotten looking orange wedge on each of our plates. Both of which looked like they had been recycled from past meals.
The bacon was scrunched up in a ball, discussing and super greasy. The toast tasted weird like the butter was rancid.
Tasted like garlic butter had been put on it. When we asked the server, she just said that it was probably just something that transferred from the grill.
Zero effort was made to remedy any of the deficiencies and I ended up with an upset stomach for the rest of the day.

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

We were in Horseshoe Bay for the day and were looking forward to an early dinner near the marina. We had never been to Trollers so we decided to give it a try. When we walked in we were told to sit anywhere, so we found a table outside that gave us a view of the marina. The initial service was not fast, but it was okay. Our server took our drink orders fairly quickly, but it seemed to be a long time until she brought them to us. When she did she answered our questions about the food and took our orders. The food also took a long time to come. It was tasty, but it was far from being a generous amount. Our server did not come back to check on us to see what we thought of the food. About halfway through the meal, I had finished my drink and I wanted some water or another drink. As our server had not returned, I did not get a chance to order either. In fact, I was still hungry enough that I might have ordered something else. By the time she did arrive, we had both finished our meals. By that point, all I wanted to do was leave. She brought the bill and the card machine, entered the information and left. We never saw her again. I took my copy of the receipt from the machine and we left.

I think this could have been a 4 or 5 star meal. The location is great and I gave the restaurant a 3 out of 5 because some of the food was quite good even if the portions were small. The service was not good. I don't think I would return.