“Reliable place for lunch.”

Cactus Club Cafe Park Royal
Ranked #10 of 148 Restaurants in West Vancouver
Price range: C$10 - C$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2021 via mobile

A reliable place for a good lunch. Our first visit since the first lockdown and we were pleasantly surprised that the standard was maintained. Good service and good sushi.

Date of visit: October 2021
1  Thank Moniaits
Social C, General Manager at Cactus Club Cafe Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2021

Hi Moniaits,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully earn your 5 stars then!

Cheers, Cactus

Reviewed June 9, 2021 via mobile

My Mom and I went to the Cactus Club for a late lunch, early dinner after see the Van Gogh exhibit Downtown. We were going to go to the Coal Harbor restaurant but, changed our mind due to the construction right out side that location. Earlier in the day while at Park Royal I noticed the location there so we came back to that location.

While the waitress we had was excellent the food was not...we just ordered bar lime and soda for drinks, as I was driving and my mom doesn't drink much, the drink menu did look yummy but we didn't try anything, maybe another time...

My Mom had prawn spaghettini, no chillis...the sauce was so odd, bland and spicy, if that's a thing...not enough on the noodles, so kind of dry too.

I had the Mediterranean bowl which was at least half marinated soggy iceberg lettuce in it which is not Meditteranean at all Mediterranean style greens would have been nice and if they ran that's no excuse as whole foods is right next door. It was pretty good in parts, just too many flavors competing, the only thing that saved it was the extra tzatziki sauce I ordered from our spicy calamari appetizer which was pretty good, a different take with the tzatziki jalepeno peppers, fried red pepper and aioli sauce but still kind of spicy good, the appetizer just needed to be a bit more golden on the outside... it almost didn't look cooked enough...

Anyway, since we don't go out very often for lunch, so we were a bit disappointed since the Cactus Club was recommended to us by a Foody friend for a good place for lunch. I hope the other things on the menu are better. Hey, Cactus Club, I think some higher level food quality control improvement are in order for the future.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank Sunrainstorm
Social C, Guest Relations Manager at Cactus Club Cafe Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2021

Hi Sunrainstorm,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! While we’re so glad to hear that you received great service, we're disappointed to hear that some food items were not up to your expectations. We appreciate this feedback and will make sure it is shared with the appropriate people. We hope for the opportunity to earn a 5 star review in the future!
Cheers, Cactus

Reviewed December 29, 2020

Got the holiday special - one appetizer and two mains. Sushi was okay, nicely plated but taste was just alright. The burger was a bit too salty but good flavour. Spaghetti had 6 prawns in it, lacking in tomato sauce and tasted a bit greasy.

The special was good value for the food, don’t think I’d pay full price on a regular day.

Overall Cactus club remains a good go to for quick lunch and has decent food.

Date of visit: November 2020
Social C, General Manager at Cactus Club Cafe Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2021

Hi BillOnFridays,
Thank you for leaving us a review and for the feedback. We're sorry to hear you were a little disappointed about the flavor. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our culinary team to review. We hope you give us another try so we can show you what Cactus has to offer.

Reviewed November 2, 2020

My last visit at cactus club cafe was the worst dinning experience ever. On October 30th, 2020 I went for dinner at cactus club West Vancouver location with my friends. We ordered a bottle of red wine to start and as the server was opening the bottle we started taking pictures of our glasses and cheering. Apparently, the server went to her manager and complained of us taking pictures of her! The manager, Jackie, came to us and said that she is changing our server to defend her employees in a very rude way. She took us by surprise and when we said that why we should ever take pictures of a stranger with a mask on, she said that she’d be more than happy to bring us the bill if we are not happy with her service. She literally kicked us out. Her racism was clear. My pregnant friend was so intensed after her attitude that we needed to take her out to get fresh air and talk to her doctor to calm her down. I was going to this branch for the last 12 years and I never was treated the way they did. I'm never one to complain but the disrespect I experienced has given me no choice but to never return and not recommend your restaurant to others.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank 66elhamf
Reviewed July 28, 2020 via mobile

My wife and I went for dinner last week and everything was absolutely perfect. I was so impressed with the ceviche that yesterday, I went back by myself and ordered just that with, of course, a Caesar which are always the best in town.

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank Peterprev
CactusClubCafe, Manager at Cactus Club Cafe Park Royal, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2020

Hi Peter,
Thank you for this great review! We're glad you enjoyed the Ceviche and that it is becoming one of your Cactus favourites. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Cactus