Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Pemberton Fish Finder tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Pemberton Fish Finder
from US$176.04
More Info
All reviews fish bull trout these guys guide matt great guy king salmon non stop action local lake great teacher salmon run tackle shop exceeded all expectations recent trip caught trolling cast company
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

On a recent trip to Whistler I took several fishing trips with Pemberton Fish Finder. The trips included solo walk/wade fly fishing on the Squamish and a kick tube trip to a small local lake that my wife participated in using spin gear and I used fly fishing gear.

The guides provided were Scott and Erik and both are outstanding, with wide knowledge of fishing conditions and both still water and river/stream opportunities in a several hour range around Whistler including Pemberton, Squamish and Lilluet. They provided pick and drop off service to our hotel in Whistler.

The front office was responsive and professional and meals provided were good quality sack lunches with ample food for a day of hard wading.

Both Scott and Erik put us on fish and had good coaching on fly/gear selection and presentation. We caught a lot of nice rainbows and both coho and chum salmon and their advice was helpful when fishing alone also.

The gear they provide is fairly basic, Hodgeman boots and waders and Dragonfly rods. I chose to use my own rods and their reels which worked well. The only minor criticism I have is that the boots provided lacked studs or felt and were not as grippy as I would have preferred given some of the wading we did in 2300 cfs current on free stone river bottom. That said, both guides got me into great fish that would otherwise have been unavailable without strenuous wading. My recommendation is you bring your own boots.

Scott and Erik both have wide knowledge of local food and entertainment options that they shared freely and are enjoyable fishing companions. My wife very much enjoyed the kick tube trip and I highly recommend it for folks who may not interested in wading difficult water. Spin and fly trips are available and the company handles both with expertise. Pemberton Fish Finder played a major role in great vacation to British Columbia. I give them my highest recommendation.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

I have been out quite a few times with PFF. The guides are great and full of useful information. More often than not we end up catching no fish at all. Even with a poor hit rate you end up feeling it was a good experience.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

all booked in advance. sorry I got the boot sizes wrong translating uk to US, but thanks to all for sorting this.
Matt Prosdocimi collected us - he wa dearly.... and chatted entertainingly through both journeys. Then down to Squamish to fish the river for pink salmon.
We've done this trip before with a different company - then it was disorganised... and we ended up shoulder to shoulder on a very crowded stretch of River.
matt took us to a much quieter spot, where we had the added bonus of being met by another Matt- who is starting guiding as well.
A great evening with great fish - including one which we kept (Buy the salmon conservation stamp for your licence in advance if you want to do this), and all three of us caught.
We just thought it couldn't be better, when a mother and cub bear ambled across the road in front of us whilst driving home!
We'll be back...... looking forward to it already!

Reviewed September 5, 2017

My girlfriend and I had a half day free and decided to get out for an afternoon of Salmon fishing with Pemberton Fish Finder. We met our guide Matt in Squamish and headed out with him to the Squamish River. Matt was highly knowledgeable on this river, the salmon run, and fly fishing in general. While I've fly fished a good deal, my girlfriend is new to it and Matt did an excellent job of helping her with her cast and presentation. Besides being a beautiful area to fish in, we caught more Pink Salmon than we could count over the next 5 hours. Matt was great to fish with and I'd absolutely recommend him and Pemberton Fish Finder to anyone interested in an unforgettable day!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

A group of 4 of us decided to try Pemberton Fish Finder for some BC river fishing. I am big on fishing however the 3 others in my group are new to fishing. Our guide Matt had all 4 of us fishing like pros in no time and had almost non stop salmon action the entire time!

Matt is very professional and is a great teacher for both new and experienced anglers. Would book again with him in a heartbeat.