“Great little Diner”
Review of K-Cafe - CLOSED

K-Cafe
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

The four of us had different meals for lunch, all were great. An inexpensive place for very decent food

Reviewed April 30, 2017

I had been here before. Its one of those places where you run into friends who are also passing through, even though you didn't plan it that way.
The diner is a classic old school diner with plain tables and chairs and country friendly service. A lot of locals eating here, and I should have paid more attention to what they were eating; I ordered the beef dip - an unfortunate choice. The meat was unlike any beef dip I had had previously in a not so good way. (Plating was non existent, but c'mon, its a diner for heavens sake, lol).
That being said, the fish and chips smelled great, and the burgers were selling quickly.
The staff were friendly.
I would stop here again and give it another chance, though next time I will order something else.

Reviewed March 20, 2017

Stopped for lunch. The soup was rich, flavorful and seemed home made. Delicious. I had a burger and it was great. Full of locals which must say something. We will stop again.

Reviewed November 15, 2016

Tried to enter the new establishment in Trip Advisor but it wouldn't let me! All new ownership and menus as of two weeks ago. Very friendly, excellent service, great value, filled with locals. A true gem.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

The old K-Cafe is no more! The new K Mountain Diner has been open for a few weeks now and it is really busy. The layout is the same but the lighting, tables, chairs, wall colours, and even the silverware are brand spanking new and looking very good indeed! The servers are all new, learning fast, and doing a pretty darn good job with many smiles and good cheer. The restaurant is busy and we were pleased to see that John is back cooking in the kitchen.

Of course we had to try the fish and chips...and imagine our delight when they were not just as good as before, but even better. The new beer batter on the fish was delicious. The chips were perfect. And the portions were very generous. The coffee was just okay which was the only small thing we found to be concerned about.

All in all we were 99% satisfied and that is pretty hard to beat.