Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Katrina O
Vancouver, Canada

Favourite BC Getaway

Review of Nectar Yoga
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 18, 2017
I had been wanting to stay at Nectar Yoga since coming across it on Instagram last year - when I finally had the opportunity to go this past May I was elated. I was going with a friend who is from Ontario, but was in BC on business. Our plans were almost foiled as her employer booked her on an earlier flight than expected however, Andrea graciously let us stay just 1 night (although I wished I could've stayed the entire week).

We stayed in the Forest Cottage and were immediately overwhelmed by every single perfect detail. The outdoor shower is phenomenal (seriously would've showered like 4 times a day if I had the chance), and the room was awesome - even the DVD selection was great. Andrea taught our evening class which was perfect for before bedtime, while Chantel taught our morning class and was just what we needed to start our day off on the right foot.

Will definitely be going back many times in the future.
Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
NectarYoga, Owner at Nectar Yoga, responded to this review
Responded Jul 25, 2017
Thanks so much for staying with us! We are stoked that you and your friend had an awesome time. Hope to see you again soon and thanks for the review!

p.s. We love the outdoor shower too!

The Cape Suite
20.2 km from Nectar Yoga
19.6 km from Nectar Yoga
0.0 km from Nectar Yoga
View more hotels in Bowen Island
All reviews amazing experience attention to detail andrea practice retreat nature property bowen body lodge bliss relaxation healing land escape gift breath
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2017

So my wife and I really needed to get away for a bit. Our lives are super super busy and we seriously needed some down time. We live in Vancouver and aren't able to go far. Our options were Whistler, Harrison Hot Springs, Victoria or Bowen Island. We did a bit of research and came across this little gem on Bowen Island. Unfortunately, when we looked on the site, it was all booked up for the weekend we wanted (March 31-April 2) but I decided to call anyway and spoke to Andrea, the owner. She advised that the room below the main house was actually available for the weekend we wanted and we booked it. We arrived on the Friday by ferry (which is a beautiful ride across the inlet) and drove to the location (about 5 minute drive from the ferry). The place is beautifully located among some beautiful tall trees, with two cabins and the main house (with our room below) and the Yoga dome. Without going into much more detail, all I can say is that we had a fantastic and relaxing weekend. The 10 minute walk to the beach was so nice and sitting by the water was so soothing. We also drove to the other side of the island one evening to watch the sunset. Spectacular. The breakfasts were delicious, the yoga was truly amazing and much needed (for all levels) and the hosts were wonderful and gracious. A great getaway and would recommend it highly. The room below the house was a bit small but very comfortable with two twin beds. The only thing I wish it had was a microwave oven in the room for popcorn or to heat up our coffee's. We went into town for lunch and dinner (only 5 minute drive). I'm sure you can find some reviews on here for the restaurants so won't comment on any. Again, really enjoyed our time there especially with Andrea and her fiancee. They were very accommodating with our needs.

Room tip: We had the room under the house which was a walkout. Clean, comfortable and quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NectarYoga, Guest Relations Manager at Nectar Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Thank you very much for choosing Nectar Yoga BnB for your weekend get away and thank you for your lovely review! We so enjoyed having you and your wife stay with us and are glad that you managed to disconnect from city life and reconnect to nature and each other! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

I booked the trip for my sister's birthday and I am so glad we went. If you are looking for a grass roots yoga getaway this is the place for you. I am not into the whole pampered five diamond yoga resort scene and not knowing what to expect I was a tad apprehensive. Fortunately I was pleasantly surprised. Andrea (the owner) is a true yogi, it is obviously a way of life for her and she was such a breath of fresh air for us. The facility is beautiful and tucked into the trees, the rooms are tidy and cute. I was happy to discover that Bowen island was far more casual than "swanky" Vancouver (but still had good restaurants). The hustle and bustle of big city life seemed to dissolve as soon as we stepped onto the fairy. The fairy ride was beautiful and so peaceful after a long day of travel. The scenery and foliage on Bowen island made for great views on our daily hikes. We also rented sea kayaks one day, it was a great upper body workout, we really enjoyed seeing more of the island from the water. I have been all over the world and rarely want to return to places but I would love to return to Nectar Yoga B&B.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Carol,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we really appreciate that you chose to spend this special weekend here at Nectar Yoga B&B. We welcome you back any time!

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited for a weekend in the forest cottage. Everything was perfect! Andrea and her partner were both gracious hosts, the cottage was beautiful, the yoga classes were challenging yet relaxing (we even had a deer walk by in front of the dome during practice), and the food was delicious! We will certainly be back again soon!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Brooke,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Nectar Yoga B&B, we loved hosting you and your husband. Thank you also for taking the time to write this wonderful review! I am glad that you enjoyed our food, yoga classes and local wildlife! We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Until next time...Peace and love.

Reviewed April 4, 2017

Nectar Yoga is quiet and out of the way. It was exactly what I was looking for to get away from the noise and hectic pace of the city. And, I got to do yoga too! Loved the location and having my own little space. Breakfast was great, and Andrea is a very gracious host. I will go again, if I can.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Nectar Yoga B&B and for leaving this wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed our quiet and relaxing setting and hopefully you took some of this peace away with you. We look forward to hopefully hosting you again soon.

Namaste

Reviewed March 10, 2017

If you're looking to have a relaxing getaway where your every need is looked after, then look no further. This B&B is probably one of the best places I have stayed in a very long time and my family and I do a lot of traveling. Who knew such peace could be found so close to Vancouver? Andrea made the stay perfect. Delicious healthy breakfasts brought your door after morning meditation and yoga. Yoga tailored to your needs, even when you don't know what that need is. Absolute perfection. The little cottages give you lots of privacy and space. I stayed in the Forest Cabin with an outdoor shower, arrived when it was snowing, but the shower was amazing. Being able to look out into the cold forest while having a hot shower is somehow rejuvenating and peaceful. Beautiful bath products, books for idle minds, pencil crayons and colouring pages for idle hands. Yoga to still the mind. I will be coming back for more yoga, rest, and solitude. You will not be disappointed.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Nectar Yoga B&B and leaving this lovely response! We were so glad to host you and overjoyed that you loved the outdoor shower experience in our winter wonderland! We look forward to hopefully hosting you again in the future!

Namaste