Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
desjaw
Port Alberni, British Columbia

Yoga Retreat

Review of Nectar Yoga
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 13, 2017
Myself and 5 girlfriends took part in an incredible yoga retreat at Nector. What an incredibly beautiful spot, with an exceptional hostess. Taking part in morning yoga and meditation has awakened me and brought to light my personal self care goals.
The Garden cottage was absolutely adorable and was a cozy little much needed get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Already planning when I can make this happen again and can't wait to enjoy another girls weekend away.
Date of stay: October 2017
Spa
    C$317
7.9 km from Nectar Yoga
Free parking
The courtyard. Ground floor rooms face this.
No prepayment needed
  • Agoda.com
  • Vio.com
12.8 km from Nectar Yoga
View more hotels in Bowen Island
All reviews amazing experience attention to detail andrea practice retreat nature property bowen body lodge bliss relaxation healing land escape gift breath
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2017

My Nectar experience was blissful perfection.The cabin had everything I needed - kitchen wares, high quality natural shower products, cozy and comfortable couches and bedding, and beautiful decor.

The yoga and guided meditation sessions allowed me to relax fully and be present in my body and unwind from my life.

The beautiful breakfast (i.e. gluten free waffles) were delicious, and the peaceful surroundings left me feeling strong + ready to return to my life with resilience and ease.

Every detail was intentionally crafted and appreciated.

I've already recommended Nectar to my family, friends, and colleagues and will continue to spread the word.

Angie

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 14, 2017

The liquid detox/yoga retreat was beyond my expectations: very restful but still full of vibrant energies! Everything was very well organized for us to enjoy every moment.

Meghan and Sisley, the nutritionist, prepared for us amazing recepies, that I'll make sure to replicate infinitly and had a great expertise! They were really passionate about their subject and we can feel the pleasure they took to generously share their knowledge.

And Andrea, the host, is an amazing yoga teacher, very peaceful and nice to practice with! I felt very much inspired and am really trying to incoporate more yoga and meditation to my day to day life now, following Andrea's great advices!
Last but not least, it was terrific to spend the weekend in such a lovely place where we can truly breathe.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

The Liquid Detox Yoga retreat at Nectar Yoga was my very first experience of a retreat ever. I'm just learning the basics of yoga and meditation and have had no previous spiritual experience and Andrea and her team of nutritionsts enlightened and trained us during 2 beautiful days. The rythm of the retreat is nice and gentle and yet packed with yoga and meditation sessions, all different to discover different styles and find what fits you the best. The liquid meals where all delicious and I although I was very concerned about being hungry, that never happened!
All the attendees were lovely and the accommodation (The loft) was super cozy and charming! I've already recommended it to everyone around me and would definitely return in the future. First yoga retreat but I don't feel like going somewhere else, this was perfect for me! :)

Room tip: The Loft at Nectar Yoga is just next to the main house and the Dome where most of the activites of the retreat are happening. It was decorated with taste and very comfortable. The main bed is on a mezzanine accessible by a wooden ladder. The second bed is the couch and it's expected that the mattress be a bit less comfortable than the one of the master bed. No big deal for a weekend really.
Reviewed September 5, 2017

This place is nothing short of pure bliss. The owners have created a wonderful, peaceful getaway that sets itself apart from other B & B's with the addition of yoga and the serenity that it brings. We stayed in the Forest Cottage and were very impressed. The beds were extremely comfortable and the outdoor shower was an a great experience. The owners have seemingly thought of everything, from glass water bottles beside the beds to anoraks provided in case of rain. Breakfast was simple and delicious - home made waffles with fruit and fabulous coffee. The yoga instructors were knowledgeable, the classes very enjoyable and the yoga dome really amazing. The smell of cedar was intoxicating. I'm so impressed with this place, there is no way I won't be back, annually!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2017

My daughter and myself recently spent a wonderful long weekend at Nectar Yoga Retreat. We stayed in the beautiful forest lodge which was an oasis of calm tranquillity in a beautiful forest location. We attended morning and evening yoga sessions in the yoga dome and words cannot express how wonderful it was. Andrea and Chantelle were amazing teachers and what better way to perform yoga than surrounded by nature with birdsong and even deer wandering by!! Truly magical. So different from the usual studio classes! A wonderful start to our holiday.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank brendahY1922KD
NectarYoga, Owner at Nectar Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Hi Brenda,
Thanks so much for the lovely review!
Glad you liked the yoga classes, that Chantelle is pretty awesome.
Hope to see you and your daughter on a wonderful weekend getaway again soon!

Love and Peace