“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Infusion - CLOSED

Infusion
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian, American, Contemporary, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I went to Infusion many times and I can said the food always excellent and service always friendly and helpful. The dinningroom and washrooms always kept very cleans.

On my last visit I had the seafood Pascatoria was delightful it worth it to drive out there every time.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank _phanthou

Bangkok, Thailand
“Worst dining experience in recent memory”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I went here with my wife, and I can honestly say it was an unpleasant experience from start to finish. I ordered the Seafood Pascatoria, and she ordered the Thai Salmon. Neither of them had any flavor worth speaking of. I felt like I was eating pieces of flavorless rubber thrown on some microwaved pasta. The Thai Salmon was slightly more bearable, but the texture was mushy on the inside, deep-fried crust on the outside. Our waitress was short and surly, and looked upset every time we declined to order something else (appetizer, drinks, coffee, desert). When she brought the bill, we paid with a gift certificate. Our meal came to a little under $50, and the gift certificate was for $70. The waitress suggested I "leave it as a tip" since they can't give cash back on certificates (that would be 40%). I declined and gave her a 15% tip, which is standard and was more than she deserved. She returned with the remaining gift certificate value and threw it on the table and walked away without a word.
This place is also ridiculously expensive for the quality of the food and experience. My wife (who is Thai), and I currently live in Thailand (we were in Canada visiting relatives during the restaurant visit), and without exaggeration I can say that we've eaten better meals with friendlier service for 70 cents each.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Chris B
Red Deer, Canada
“Really good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Yum! I went here with my boyfriend for Sunday brunch and I was pleasantly surprised. When we arrived we were seated promptly and our server quickly brought us water while we decided on brunch. I went with the thai omelet and my boyfriend decided on the pad thai. The thai omelet was more like a crepe but was filled with yummy vegetables and chicken, as well as in house (I asked) made potato chips and fruit salad. The whole meal was delicious, filling and light and I will defiantly return in the future. For the two of us with drinks and tip I believe it was around $42.00.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank LucySmiles
Didsbury Alberta
“Appies, main, dessert, service, menu - all great!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We went with friends and family (8 of us) to celebrate a birthday. After reading some negative reviews I was skeptical despite having a wonderful experience this past summer on the patio. All of us (count em, 8) raved about the appies (we shared 3 different appetizers), our main (steak, seafood pasta, tournadoes, and veal) AND our desserts!!! Our waitress was over-the-top accommodating even though we were very late ending our celebration.

We had read the review 'go across the street to Madrinas' and my husband said 'maybe it was posted by someone from Madrinas, let's go to Infusion anyway.' We are SO GLAD we did.

Our summer patio experience was fantastic too. And enjoyed the deer wandering by the tables. We loved it.

The only thing I would change is to be able to access a round table for a group of 8. Maybe we could have, we didn't think to ask.

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank Lynn004
Calgary
“Not all that!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I went to Infusion on Sunday. it was a beautiful day, so we decided to sit on the patio. Infusions patio is really quaint and has great character.We ordered a couple of ceasars and it took about 10 minutes to receive them. There was barely any salt on the rims and maybe 2 cubes of ice and they were made in very large glasses, and no seasoning.My husband had the french onion soup to start and I had the grilled ceasar salad. Both were good. We then sat with empty drinks and when are server finally came to our table , it then took her another 10 minutes to return with our drinks.My husband had the bombay chicken. He said it was just ok and his rice was so over cooked it was just a sticky mess. I had the mussels, they did not come with bread so I had to order that on the side. The flavors were very nice but the sauce was sooooooooo
salty it really ruined the dish. Needless to say we were never served water so again another 10 minutes to receive our waters. The only thing that arrived at our table quickly was the cheque. So for 4 drinks and our lunch the bill was just short of $90.00 dollars. This restaurant is very over rated and we will not be back.

• Visited September 2011