“Just a great time overall”
Review of Inukpak Outfitting

Inukpak Outfitting
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Iqaluit
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Inukpak (in Inuktitut, the Inuit language) means the gentle giant; it should make sense when you’ll meet the company founder. Since 2011, we are pleased to offer guided services in the Nunavut Capital, Iqaluit. Our main goal, designing products to meet “your” expectations and creating an experience of a life time. Safety, public-at-large oriented, client needs, Inuit culture and environment are our main concerns. Specialized in dog sledding, we are also offering other products such as: snow sailing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, hiking, canoeing, kayaking and many more.
Reviewed June 14, 2018

The adventure started out with us gearing up. It was great that additional clothing was provided for and included for our dog sledding adventure. Along the way to the sea ice, Martine told us about the history of the area and why things are the way they are. This was a nice touch. The details they gave about the sledding were great. The dogs were incredible. Our guide, Fernando, was super nice. He even ran alongside the sled at one point to take a picture of my son and I. Feeding the dogs and giving them some loving afterwards was also great. Super big dogs but super loving also. Overall the highlight of our trip to Iqaluit.

All reviews
"cultural tour"
"a lot of fun"
"knowledgeable guide"

Reviewed June 11, 2018

My daughter, son and I booked a snowmobile excursion and it was great. Louis-Philippe was very accommodating, friendly and a knowledgeable guide. The machines were in great condition and no hidden fees. A great experience. I highly recommend Inukpak.

1  Thank ron a
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Just back from a day snowmobiling with Benoit.
They provided everything you need in the way of winter clothing, boots, helmet etc.
Went out on the bay ice, checked out the dog teams up close and personal.
Headed into the mountain for lunch in a cabin.
Very safe and educational trip, with greatest respect for the land and people.
Highly recommend to spend a day with Inukpak Outfitting.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

My wife and I spent an incredible morning with Louis-Philippe building (ok, we helped only a little) an iglu. Louis-Philippe explained, demonstrated iglu construction and then made novice snow block cutters out of us. Wonderful stories of elders and snow researchers describing the same snow in different ways. Louis-Philippe was also very accommodating - we were originally supposed to meet with him a day earlier but it was too cold (!!) so he adjusted his schedule and then dropped us at the airport in time for our flight back.
You really must do this if you come up to Iqaluit. It will transform your appreciation of snow and your respect for the First Nations people who have lived here for 1,000s of years.

Date of experience: April 2018