I reported the soaker tub in our cabin not usable having two cracks in it on top of two cracks that had been previously repaired. When I reported it to the person I dealt with she said "this has not been reported by the cleaning staff so for all she knew I could have damaged it" as well as other ways it may have been damaged. When we checked out I was told the owner wanted to look at it before my rate was going to be changed as we were looking forward to the jetted soaker tub that they advertise on their website but did not have the use of one.
After more than a week of not hearing back from them I emailed and called. Eventually I was told that the owner would call me on Monday(today). Eighteen days after I reported the tub the original girl I reported the problem to called me and told me they finally resolved it by crediting me $20 a night. That is great but I dealt with the same person (the manager has never been available to talk or email me) and when I told her that I felt like I was being brushed off because of the lack of response etc. and how I was originally accused of maybe breaking it myself she told me I was defensive and originally did not tell me it could have been my fault. So her manager said reimburse me but she was not satisfied with being wrong and being told she didn't handle it well and has left an even poorer taste in my mouth. They still refuse to give me the full name of the manager and his personal phone number or email to talk to them directly. So I am confident that I would never go back or recommend their resort. This has bothered me for almost three weeks and now that it is resolved I still feel bad.
The customer is always right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Check in & chill out at The Cabins and Lodge at Terrace Beach. Our 6 acre oceanfront and rainforest resort style property in Ucluelet offers fully loaded oceanfront, waterfront and rainforest cabins and suites, a lodge and Avenda Concept Spa. The Cabins and our award winning Sabbatical offer you fully equipped kitchens with dishwasher, large private soaker jacuzzi tub, fireplace, washer/dryer, large decks with BBQ, HD TV & DVD in living & bedrooms, iPod & iPhone docking stations, free wi-fi, pets are always welcome The Lodge offers you deluxe suites with king size beds, propane fireplace, double size soaker tubs, stand up rain shower, mini fridge, iPod & iPhone docking station, HD TV, large deck in ancient rain forest with ocean & beach views, Avenda Concept Spa, and the beautiful great room, the true heart of the lodge. The Cabins, the Sabbatical and the Lodge at Terrace Beach in Ucluelet, your HOMEbase on the West Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Cabins at Terrace Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cabins At Terrace Beach Hotel Ucluelet
- The Cabins At Terrace Beach Ucluelet, Vancouver Island