“New years”

The Cabins at Terrace Beach
“New years”
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Beautiful location and very cute cabins. Love the ability to bring the dog. The view is stunning and hospitality was good. The inside cabins are kept up but the outside needs a bit of work. I love the available options of places to stay at this resort.

Stayed December 2016, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2016

We visited Ucluelet on a very frosty week in December and stayed in a Lodge Room at the Cabins on Terrace Beach. The room was lovely with a very West Coast vibe, a king bed, gas fireplace, soaker tub, partial view of the beach and a balcony with table and chairs. It is a very different experience visiting Ukee in the winter but we lucked out having 3 glorious days of sunshine. This property is located adjacent to the Lighthouse Loop section of the Wild West Trail which we (bundled up) walked twice, still seeing humpback wales, eagles and sea lions. We enjoyed a glass of wine on the balcony as the sun set and then another in front of the fire before heading out for dinner. The pace is slower, the crowds are absent and some of the restaurants are closed or on winter hours but a visit to Ukee is always a treat and "the Cabins" totally completed our get-away.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
Hope, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2016

We stayed in the lodge and we're pleasantly surprised how large, bright and beautiful our room was. The glass doors, large windows & skylights made us feel like we were right up in the tree tops. The great room was wonderful to meet up with friends & enjoy the fire.

Even though we were in the lodge, the way the rooms are, you feel as if you're the only ones. Each deck was private. The bed was super comfy, the rain shower was lovely after a day of hiking the Wild Pacific Trail but an evening in the soaker tub topped everything off.

Last but not least, when we arrived the young lady who checked us in was fantastic, very welcoming. We are working on gathering more friends to arrange another trip!

Room Tip: Top floor in the lodge had views of the bay & ocean, more windows.
  • Stayed November 2016, travelled as a couple
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2016

A romantic, peaceful getaway that we will indulge in again. Our first but not our last stay at The Cabins at Terrace beach in beautiful Ucluelet on Vancouver island's west coast. We stayed in the lodge & were not disappointed. New, clean, private,peaceful and oh so comfortable with a fireplace, private balcony, view of the inlet, a number of skylights and surrounded by towering cedars, it was a wonderful fill-the-soul getaway. We may try a cabin upon next visit, where we can make some meals. Wonderful restaurants are nearby, along with the must do Wild Pacific Trail, a fantastic Aquarium, the Amphitrite Lighthouse & walking trail. We love Ucluelet!

Room Tip: Lodge #28 gave us a peek of the beach and was on the preferred upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

I reported the soaker tub in our cabin not usable having two cracks in it on top of two cracks that had been previously repaired. When I reported it to the person I dealt with she said "this has not been reported by the cleaning staff so for all she knew I could have damaged it" as well as other ways it may have been damaged. When we checked out I was told the owner wanted to look at it before my rate was going to be changed as we were looking forward to the jetted soaker tub that they advertise on their website but did not have the use of one.
After more than a week of not hearing back from them I emailed and called. Eventually I was told that the owner would call me on Monday(today). Eighteen days after I reported the tub the original girl I reported the problem to called me and told me they finally resolved it by crediting me $20 a night. That is great but I dealt with the same person (the manager has never been available to talk or email me) and when I told her that I felt like I was being brushed off because of the lack of response etc. and how I was originally accused of maybe breaking it myself she told me I was defensive and originally did not tell me it could have been my fault. So her manager said reimburse me but she was not satisfied with being wrong and being told she didn't handle it well and has left an even poorer taste in my mouth. They still refuse to give me the full name of the manager and his personal phone number or email to talk to them directly. So I am confident that I would never go back or recommend their resort. This has bothered me for almost three weeks and now that it is resolved I still feel bad.
Poor service.
The customer is always right!

Stayed November 2016, travelled with family
2 Thank Melanie G
ukee, General Manager at The Cabins at Terrace Beach, responded to this review, 2 December 2016
Dear "A Good Person"

Let me start off by apologizing about the damaged tub.

Secondly, to introduce myself as Manager of Guest Relations at the Cabins at Terrace Beach. I am the 'original girl' you reported the problem to.

We are a small property management company located on Ucluelet's rugged west coast. We are as far west in Canada as you can drive. Highway 4 is the only paved road to the open Pacific Ocean in Canada, and our destination is considered the "end of the road". This seclusion is one of the many reasons people travel here.

We are nightly rentals and due to the nature of such, from time to time, things break, are lost or taken. In every single case when a guest makes us aware of anything "we’re on it”. It can take time for us to replace or fix parts of our rentals. We often need to order out of town, and wait for things to be shipped and installed.
This is the case for your tub. To my knowledge, the tub was functional until you came to tell me otherwise.

Our guests are our eyes and our ears in our rentals, by informing us of imperfections you help us address those issues.

I certainly remember our conversation in regards to your concern about the crack in your tub during your stay. After I extended my sincerest apologies to you, I let you know I was not aware of the issue, and I would send someone to see if it could be fixed. You seemed to be worried that we would hold you responsible. What I said to you was: "I am not accusing you of putting the crack in the tub, I am simply telling you that this is the first I have heard of the damage, and we will have a look at this right away".

After assessing the damage, a repair was not possible at the time.
I let you know I would speak to the owner of the rental you were in, and asked you to come by the check in center upon check out, when we would reduce your nightly rate to be equal to the rates of our rentals that don't have tubs. We were never given that option, as we did not see you upon check out.
We recently had a phone conversation. I explained to you that you had been reconciled, and apologized, again, for the inconvenience that you experienced with your tub.
I do not feel, in any way, The Cabins deserves a 1 out of 5 rating for your experience. Your review is certainly not a reflection of The Cabins at Terrace Beach.

Emma and the Cabins team

Dear “Good Person"
Allow me introduce myself, my name is Ron and I am the owner of the beautiful cabin you stayed in during your stay for the wedding.

I find your ranking 1 out of 5 insulting and completely inappropriate.

I personally know all management and staff at the cabins. They work hard and care about every guest experience. Emma does an outstanding job as the general manager.

I've never heard one negative comment from any guest about Emma, in fact the opposite… "guests love Emma”.

The cabin owners do not allow the management or staff to disclose our contact information without our approval, in this case that is me!

I was made aware of the situation by Emma right away and agreed to reimburse you what equals a refund to that of a cabin without a soaker tub.

“The customers are NOT always right”

I back Emma and the cabins staff 100%

Ron,
Owner of Upper Canopy Cabin 9
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Family came from Alberta to take pictures of Tofino and Ucluelet storms. We stayed at Terrace Beach cabins. The cabins were rustic and well equipped with everything we needed. Quiet peaceful surroundings helped us get away from hustle and bustle.Walking paths all around us to venture out and see the spectacular ocean and wild life.We will look forward to returning here in the future.

Room Tip: Lots of options for 4 or family cabins
  • Stayed October 2016, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon D
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the lodge. Very nice room and great bed. We will be coming back again for sure. Only thing is that the room could use some artwork as the walls were a bit bare. Uclulet is very laid back and relaxing

Stayed November 2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ucluelet
0.2 km away
6.1 km away
Wya Point Resort
Wya Point Resort
#3 of 26 in Ucluelet

Been to The Cabins at Terrace Beach? Share your experiences!