“Professional, organized, fun, friendly sea kayak day tour”

Majestic Ocean Kayaking
Ranked #2 of 36 Tours in Ucluelet
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the calm waterfront of Ucluelet Harbour. Drive through town and find us at the end of Marine Drive where it intersects with Helen Road. Our Majestic Ocean Kayaking business is located in a beautiful setting surrounded by cedar trees, wildlife and the calm waters of Ucluelet Harbour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ashland, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Professional, organized, fun, friendly sea kayak day tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

My wife and I spent a week in Ucluelet, going kayaking on four, single-day trips with three different guide services. The trip to the Broken Group with Majestic was the best of the four trips we did. The two guides and boat captain were experienced and personable. Safety was #1, but they discussed the history and flora/fauna of the region as well, and it was evident they liked their occupation and liked being with people. We saw a couple whales, many sea lions, bald eagles, and seals. The sea lions' hunting/fishing/eating was very impressive. I would not hesitate to go again with them, maybe on a longer 4-day overnight trip.

Visited August 2011

Vancouver
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A day we will never forget - we'll be back for more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Finally I have time to sit down and write about an absolutely unforgettable day spent with Majestic Ocean Kayaking in Ucluelet BC. Visiting the area for the day with our teenage daughter and her friend, and wanting to maximise our visit as much as possible, I decided to treat us all to a kayak adventure as a way to see some wildlife and nature in this beautiful place. Majestic Ocean having been recommended by a friend, I called ahead and spoke with owner Tracy, who answered all my many questions with great patience, and was a mine of information. After questioning me as to our experience and confidence level (some experience, though not huge, confidence pretty good but a little shaky for my daughter) on her advice, I chose the Barkley Sound daytrip as the best option for us personally, though they seem to have an excellent menu of different trip choices and options. On the big day, we had no trouble finding their location, and what a location! right on the Ucluelet harbour entrance with eagles flying above, and a heron right in front of the launch dock, just beautiful. Tracy, who greeted us on arrival and proved to be just as friendly and hospitable in person, picked up an eagle's feather which she gave to my daughter. Teenagers can be a tough crowd but the girls were impressed right away. The guides helped kit us out with all the gear we needed, even providing a waterproof bag for cameras, and they cheerfully joked around with the girls, reassuring my daughter who was a little nervous. They were busy, with several different kinds of trips going out, but we never felt rushed and everything was extremely well organised. Our guide for the day was Tracy's husband Ted, who we learned has lived in Ucluelet all his life, and told us lots of interesting facts about the area on a short drive in their van to a launch area at Toquart Bay. Ted was great with the girls, and with another guest who was a little nervous, very calm and reassuring, giving them some great tips and helping them with their paddling technique. In no time they felt confident to go, and off we went. Ted provided a running commentary on all we were seeing, and his knowledge seemed to be never-ending. Great excitement when we saw a group of sealions almost at once! Ted knew just where to go to find sealife, and we got a close-up look at lots of underwater life, including starfish and sea anemones, and an enormous seastar, I don't think our cameras stopped. We were completely absorbed in all we were seeing, and couldn't believe it when Ted announced it was time for lunch. Looking at my watch I saw we had been paddling for more than 2 hours, but it went by so fast. How they do it I don't know, but when we landed for lunch on a gorgeous sandy beach on an island, no-one else there but our little party, Ted produced all the makings for build-your-own sandwiches, plus ample of cookies, fruit, drinks etc, and the teenagers chowed down like they'd never seen food before. After lunch, and exploring the shallows of the little bay for more sealife, we set off again, and within half an hour were thrilled to find ourselves surrounded by a school of seals, one of which popped up right next to my daughter's kayak and obligingly bobbed there just long enough for her to get a close-up photo. In the afternoon, the sun came out, making the colours of this amazing area even more intense, and Ted pointed out many types of birdlife, including different kinds of gull (never knew there were so many kinds) and some little sandpipers (sanderlings?) on the shore, plus we spotted an eagle's nest high up in a tree. We spent some time watching a spot onshore where Ted said they often see otters playing, but not this time (a reason to come back!). The afternoon seemed to go by even faster than the morning, despite being at least 2 more hours of paddling, and none of us wanted it to end. It was all so perfect; perfect pace for our group and experience, perfect company in Ted with his expert guiding and extensive knowledge, perfect lunch eaten in the sea air on our 'own' beach. The result of the day was that my daughter has asked to go back for her birthday next year, except this time for the 4-day Broken Islands trip! There can be no higher compliment to Majestic Ocean than this. I loved Majestic and Ucluelet so much, that I brought my wife (who does not kayak) back the next month for a day and a night at Majestic's own B&B. I plan to write a review on our stay. Thank you Majestic, and Tracy and Ted, for an unforgettable experience.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Absolutely Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

My partner and I went kayaking while we were on vacation in Vancouver. We booked the trip months in advanced and the weather for the trip was not the best. The owners were very welcoming and accomodating. They provided us with appropriate clothing and gear for the kayak venture. Even though the trip, due to the weather, wasn't the best it was me and my partner's favorite experience of our trip tp Vancouver because of the hospitality of the owners and guide.

Westward Ho, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An amazing experience I will never forget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Majestic were willing to run a trip despite this being right at the end of the season when most others had turned me away. Although there was only one other guest on the trip with me, they paid attention to every detail and provided us with first class service. Kevin and Tracey answered all our queries before the trip started - despite the fact I was in the UK and she was in the USA and had never met!
The Broken Island group are spectacular but Ben, our guide, brought the ocean and its occupants to us and made us see things on land, in the sea and sky that we would have missed without his expertise. Every day was a new adventure. I loved every single minute, from the kayaking itself to the deserted island camping, the gourmet meals - I had no idea you could eat that well 3 days away from 'land' or pack that much kit into a kayak! - to the wildlife spotting (and the bonus storm watching day at the start!) and was so sad when the trip came to an end. I feel inspired to do other kayak trips because of how incredible this experience was - my only fear is that the next one will only be a disappointment as Majestic have set the standard too high! The B & B that Tracey runs at 'basecamp' is well worth a visit and I would highly recommend a stay here at the start or end of your trip.

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Does not get any better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

I was on an August 2011 4-day Broken Group tour with Andy, our guide, and 3 other great paddlers. We had a an excellent time, great weather, great people, great guide, great paddling, great scenery, great food, great equipment, great setup. Did I say great? I have fished this area for 7 years and wanted to come back to paddle it some day. I finally did this year. And I cannot say it enough, our guide Andy was the tops!

Visited August 2011