Open today: 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Amazing trip

This is my 5th charter with Justin and once again he didnt dissapoint. I brought a few guys from... read more

Reviewed August 4, 2018
F8491ZXchris
Nanaimo, Canada
via mobile
Great fishing and a great guide

Four of us went out with Justin this weekend, we’were supposed to do two days but Justin rightly... read more

Reviewed April 26, 2018
Lee S

All reviews great guide halibut catching fish great trip captain limit boat sea equipment
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Jay took my fella and I out this past August and we had an amazing time! He's a great captain and really love what he does which comes through in the experience he delivers to his clients. Thanks for an awesome day and can't wait to do it again soon!

4  Thank Nicole K
Reviewed August 25, 2013

On one of the first tours taken out by Justin in the early stages of salty dog, i was treated to a wonderful experience that will stay with me forever. As a somewhat "green" fisher living on the west coast, justin made fishing easy and fun. He was a great teacher and and new the hot spots, but most of all it was clear that this is what he loves to do. Not just the fishing, but the taking of others fishing and showing them the ropes. All in all there was never a dull moment, we had good laughs with good people, and most of all we caught HALI n COD .... mmm mmm ...
Thanks again to Justin for this wonderful time, I cant wait to get out there again.
rust0

3  Thank Rustee W
Reviewed August 24, 2013

For my first ever fishing trip,being the only woman on the boat that day I caught our first halibut at over 20+ pounds.... Found out I get sea sick the captian Justin, totally knew what to do, I laid down in the cabin and had a nap for about half an hour only later catching more fish them the 4 other guys on the boat... We all left with our daily limit including 20+ pound salmons... I don't know bout anybody else but my freezer is still full to the max but halibut, Salmon, and
Rockfish

I can defiantly say for being out in the ocean at over 150 feet of water beneath us sometimes up to 300 I wouldn't trust anyone else other than Justin he knows what he is doing, and just doesn't fish for you lets you do it and teachs you how to fish as well..

Living in Ucluelet now, I wouldn't trust any other Fishing Charter then Salty Dogs and I'll defiantly be bringing back any business that I can bring up to Ukee from around island :)

4  Thank WestCoastFisher
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Justin, the Captain of the Salty Dog, knew exactly where to fish for big game. As for our boat, we maxed out on Halibut (+30 pounders) and Salmon (+20 pounders) each trip. My freezer is packed for the winter with only two trips and with Halibut being $15 or so a pound, it really made the trip worth wild.

All in all, the experience, education and fun made this trip extraordinaire. I can comfortable recommended this cater services to any group of friends or families and give 5 stars and two thumbs up on this experience.

There is no doubt that next year I will book with Salty Dog and have a guys fishing trip weekend.

Wicked.