“Soon to be the #1 Charter in Ukee!”

Salty Dog Fishing Charters
Ranked #11 of 37 Tours in Ucluelet
More attraction details
Owner description: Salty Dog Fishing Charters provides full and half day fishing trips out of Ucluelet, British Columbia. We run a 26 ft. welded aluminum vessel, a Hewescraft Alaskan Searunner. Our boat has a fully enclosed, comfortable cabin to keep you warm on those cold days and out of the sun on those hot days. There is an easily accessible washroom on our boat as well. Salty Dog Fishing Charters is 100% family friendly. Join us on the water for some superb Salmon and Hailbut fishing!Operating year round - weather dependant in the winter months.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Justin and Jack are great guys and really know how to host a group out on the Pacific! I've used them twice this year and both times have been the best charter experiences I've ever had! If you're heading to the west coast of Vancouver Island you gotta call Salty Dog!

1  Thank Ian A
"ocean"
in 6 reviews
"equipment"

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was very lucky enough to be on a planned fishing outing on the Labour Day weekend with some friends. They co-ordinated our trip to be with Justin & Jack at Salty Dog Charters.

What a great all-around experience. Both guys were great hosts, knew exactly where we wanted to go, and what we were after. Left the harbour just after 6:00am and arrived back just past 4:00pm. I won't say how great our catches were (don't want to brag too much), but I will say it was one of the most enjoyable fishing experiences I've ever had.

A big bonus of this chartered trip, which wasn't what I had experienced before, was that fish cleaning & prepping was done on the boat before our return to the dock, instead of waiting around upon return. We had to travel right away from Ucluelet, so this made things much easier once we departed from the marina.

The boat is in great shape with plenty of space, including an enclosed toilet near the rear of the boat. On this day there were two guides and four guests, and never did it feel uncomfortable or lacking in space. The boat is ideal for all conditions. On this day, it was sunny with very little disturbance on the water. On a tougher day, with rain and wind, there'd be plenty of cover and no hesitation of staying dry.

Here's hoping Salty Dog Charters gets plenty of business in the future. They certainly deserve it!!

4  Thank Joey K
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Jay took my fella and I out this past August and we had an amazing time! He's a great captain and really love what he does which comes through in the experience he delivers to his clients. Thanks for an awesome day and can't wait to do it again soon!

4  Thank Nicole K
Reviewed August 25, 2013

On one of the first tours taken out by Justin in the early stages of salty dog, i was treated to a wonderful experience that will stay with me forever. As a somewhat "green" fisher living on the west coast, justin made fishing easy and fun. He was a great teacher and and new the hot spots, but most of all it was clear that this is what he loves to do. Not just the fishing, but the taking of others fishing and showing them the ropes. All in all there was never a dull moment, we had good laughs with good people, and most of all we caught HALI n COD .... mmm mmm ...
Thanks again to Justin for this wonderful time, I cant wait to get out there again.
rust0

3  Thank Rustee W
See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2013

For my first ever fishing trip,being the only woman on the boat that day I caught our first halibut at over 20+ pounds.... Found out I get sea sick the captian Justin, totally knew what to do, I laid down in the cabin and had a nap for about half an hour only later catching more fish them the 4 other guys on the boat... We all left with our daily limit including 20+ pound salmons... I don't know bout anybody else but my freezer is still full to the max but halibut, Salmon, and
Rockfish

I can defiantly say for being out in the ocean at over 150 feet of water beneath us sometimes up to 300 I wouldn't trust anyone else other than Justin he knows what he is doing, and just doesn't fish for you lets you do it and teachs you how to fish as well..

Living in Ucluelet now, I wouldn't trust any other Fishing Charter then Salty Dogs and I'll defiantly be bringing back any business that I can bring up to Ukee from around island :)

4  Thank WestCoastFisher