All reviewssoaker tubsitting on the balconyquiet roomsaanich peninsulahighwayvictoriafireplacekitchenetteloftbedding
Reviewed May 13, 2016

The view from the room WAS spectacular. Yet that is where the satisfaction finished. Filthy carpets andnot well equipt. We tried to change rooms to another room with clean carpets yet alternate room was also dirty. There was a coffee machine yet not coffee, There were teabags yet no kettle, there was a TV yet only one comfey chair to sit on. That makes it hard when it is 2 people staying.
What drew us to the place was the online photos of the view. I should have paid more attention to other reviews which mentioned the dirty carpets and difficulty with checkin and checkout. I see on some booking sites that it has a high rating. Not sure how they got that high rating level. Would I recommend to others? Well to see the view, then you can see that from the carpark. For Malahat accommodation the it would not be Moon Water Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony T
Lori S, Owner at Moon Water Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2016

As always, we appreciate all reviews. We did our best to explain the carpets were being replaced...they were recently steam cleaned and the room was indeed clean. Very sorry that we missed filling the coffee supplies with coffee; I trust the fresh cream in the fridge and the sugar choices and tea selections were acceptable. We did our best to accommodate your needs, and even brought you a stash of our own, unopened, personal tea from Marks and Spencer's because we thought you'd enjoy tea from England as that is where you were from. I apologize that you found it inconvenient to walk across the parking lot to the restaurant to find someone to check you in...we are a small, boutique hotel and it is usually just my husband and I running the hotel; we occasionally help in the restaurant, just steps away.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

We stayed for 2 nights to celebrate our anniversary. This lodge is what I would classify as a Boutique hotel. There are currently 11 rooms available that range from 400 sf rooms with queen or king beds to loft style suites. All of the rooms face east and overlook Finlayson Arm. The lodge is 5 or 600 feet above sea level so the views are super. Its really unique to look down and watch the eagles fly below you. The lodge is on the highway but you do not here the traffic.
Nearby is Goldstream park with a wide range of walking and hiking trails. We went to the Niagara creek trestle and the trail is uphill all the way. It took us a little over an hour but we were ging fairly slow.
The lodge rooms are nicely decorated without being gaudy. There is a large tv, internet, phones etc.
If yu need anything like ice or cream for your coffee, just pop over the the reastaurant, they are more than happy to give it to you.
We had large capuchino coffees in large stoneware cups and took them back to our room so we could sit out on the balacony and enjoy the sun.
Yes, there are soaker tubs with picture windows in the rooms but the rooms and balconies are very private so you can sit around wearing very little (or nothing) and you will have complete privacy.
You can fill the soaker tub and not worry about running out of water as ech room has its own hot water tank.
The new owners are making many upgrades but be patient as these take time.
Please close the screen doors in the evening because the lights in your room will attract the local moth population and they are very curious.
With the screens closed and the window open, the rooms stay very comfortable.
We will be back mostly because the staff are just so friendly and the rooms are fantastic.

Room Tip: The top floor are loft suites. The south corner rooms look like they can get hot in the summer. The middle rooms are best for me.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Lori S, Owner at Moon Water Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2016

What an amazing review; thank you so much for taking the time to write it!

Reviewed April 1, 2016

My husband and I have stayed at the Moon Water Lodge twice now. It is such a beautiful location. The rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean. Beds are extremely comfie and the view from the private balcony is breakthtaking.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

I am so happy you had a great experience. Thanks for taking the time to write this great review.

Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a spontaneous trip

It was a great stay.

Beautiful view, amazing layout, great efficient owners!

The soaker tub was also amazing and very relaxing

Loved my stay we will definitely be back!
Hopefully soon!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Spontaneous trips are so fun! Thanks for including us in your get away and for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed March 6, 2016

My father passed away in January and I flew back to P.E.I. for the funeral. My husband decided to book us a room at the Moon Water Lodge so that I would not have the added extra travel back to Nanaimo after such a long flight and emotional journey. He had already checked in and had sushi and a bottle of wine waiting for us. What a lovely time we had reconnecting in such beautiful surroundings. It was late and dark when we arrived, but we thoroughly enjoyed a soothing soak in the large jacuzzi tub as we shared the sushi and wine. The fireplace added more coziness and I slept well for the first time in two weeks. Due to the four hour time change, I woke up very early to a stunning view of the inlet before the fog rolled in. We had a lazy morning, then enjoyed a very nice breakfast at the restaurant. Our stay at the Moon Water Lodge will hold a special memory for me and we will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: All rooms have a magnificent view!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple