All reviewssoaker tubsitting on the balconyquiet roomsaanich peninsulahighwayvictoriafireplacekitchenetteloftbedding
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

After paying $322.05 (taxes included)for a room for one night .Walked into a great view thought ,wow this is great ! . Then it got worse from there on in .Dirty toilets , dead flies and bees on window sills Went to use a bowl out of the kitchen only to find old butter in one of them . 15 years of crusty dirt visible between stove and counter .Garbage can under the sink was full of garbage from the guests before. I think housekeeping needs a wake up call . Then we ordered dinner for 85 dollars from the restaurant, everyone was hungry but couldn't stomach the food ... disgusting, for those of you who rant and rave about it , better get your head checked . Then the bachelorette party with a stripper started next door at 9 o'clock with girls screaming and music blaring.. ridiculous, tried to phone front desk to complain.... nothing but an answering machine giving us the run around to call here and there . Then we woke up after our unrestful sleep to have a coffee . .. in the basket was 1 coffee mate creamer , 3 sugars , I pack of decaf coffee and 13 stir sticks . Wouldn't complain if it was an 85 dollar a night hotel but at the price we paid, get real . If the owners try to respond to my review by saying there's no way our rooms would be in that sort of condition, give it a rest , I would not spend the time writing this review if that were not the case. I saved my complaints about this place for my review as I shouldn't have to constantly complain to staff during our stay after paying $322 per night Wouldn't recommended this place to my worst enemy .

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Kelly R
Reviewed January 25, 2017

We got to the place after hearing great reviews and upon arrival there was no one near the place to let us in and no one answered the phone, so we had to go into the restaurant and find a waitress to let us in. After finally being let in, on the surface it looked OK but on further inspection this is what we found/ discovered. There was left overs in the toilet, sopping wet towels hung around the bath tub, the carpets were so dirty it made my socks turn brown and when we filled up the bath tub there was huge skin flakes and body hairs floating all around it definitely not something that puts you in the mood. We then decided well we should at least try the restaurant so we ordered in food and went to grab it. We ordered the spaghetti bolognese and linguini carbonara. By the time we walked it across the parking lot the garlic bread was so soggy it just went to mush, the noodles were barely covered with sauce the bolognese was a just a small dollop in the corner and the rest was noodles. The linguini didn't taste like a garlic cream wine sauce it tasted like oil and butter and was super greasy and I couldn't even eat the whole thing even though I was starving. And you are so far away from anything so you couldn't just drive somewhere to get something else and the food was so expensive as it was I didn't want to waste anymore money or gas. When we went go to sleep, the entire night the place was creaking and cracking and popping the entire time which kept us up. As well it is winter time and they still charged us 275 for the room and then you are only allowed to check in at 4 pm so you get to experience that view for only a few hours before it got too dark to see anything. So needless to say we wont be ever returning again.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia O
Lori S, Owner at Moon Water Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2017

We take our reviews very seriously and work hard to improve on all valid points raised. I must say, there is absolutely NO TRUTH to this review. Checking in is a very simple process, if the front desk is closed. All Managers in the restaurant are well trained at the check-in process and, yes, it is a short, 60-second stroll across the scenic breezeway in the mid-afternoon, fresh air, to the restaurant. We don't have any rooms at $275; we would not leave leftovers in the toilet; wet towels, skin and hair in the bathtub, dirty carpets, and our food is made, fresh and hot to order. We have personnelle on site 24-hours and I would suggest, if the room was this bad, you would have made a phone call or spoken with someone. The building creaking and popping....very creative! We allow our guests to come early as long as the room is ready, at no additional charge; we have SEVERAL 2 pm check-in's all it takes is a request. I am sorry that you felt your experience here was less than perfect and that you won't be back.

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

Very nice room with a stellar view. The very large bathtub situated so you can relax and enjoy the sights with privacy. The Chalet next door also has a killer view from the fully glassed in dining area. The food was fabulous! Highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2016

This hotel is in a beautiful area. The views from the soaker tub, in the corner of the room, out the huge corner windows are amazing. The front desk staff could tell guests that the view from the restaurant above the hotel can see directly into the rooms so beware to close the blinds. The carpets were absolutely filthy. I have never seen such dirt in my life. For the price of one night stay this should not be the case. The sheets were stained as well and the blinds by the soaker tub looked like something had sprayed on them and left there. If it were not for the views and super comfy bed, this hotel would not be worth a penny. Front desk girl was very pleasant but was gone a few minutes after we checked in and no one is there after that. You have to go across parking lot to restaurant with any concerns.

Room Tip: Room 10 is noisy. Could here the people above walking around and filling the bath tub. I think a top room would be quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sydney081
Reviewed November 24, 2016

The view was amazing, rooms were all clean and fresh (only the carpet was dirty... but u are not looking at the carpet when u are there :D).

Bathtub next to the window with that view is a wonderful idea.

If u are on vancouver islands YOU NEED TO STAY HERE.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple